This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ in bb

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Played this last night and am interested in your comments.

Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 481324
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $11.92
      BTN: $9.11
      SB: $9.39
      Hero (BB): $16.81
      UTG: $1.80
      UTG+1: $4.86
      UTG+2: $9.08 Stats 18/6/50 (4.4k hands)
      MP1: $23.88
      MP2: $10.72

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :spade: Q :club:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.30

I could have 3-bet here and often would but I was focusing on mixing things up and trying some slightly different lines last night and decided to just call and see a flop. The thining was that if he has a big hand QQ+ then he will 4 bet and I probably fold. Villan is a regular at NL10.

Flop: ($0.85) J :diamond: Q :heart: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks

Lovely flop. I really want him to feel he still has control so I check to the pf raiser and he checks behind. I was a little suprised as I expected a c-bet which he does 85% of the time.

Turn: ($0.85) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Again I like the blank on the turn and check to tell him I am not interested in this hand any more. He bets and I decide to flat call as I am not worried about draws here. I could have check raised but that would show too much strength to him as I don't often c-r.

River: ($2.25) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, UTG+2 raises to $5,
      Hero calls $3.30

At the same time I have a couple of decsions pending on other tables and am now wishing I had bet the turn. I bet out to start to get some cash in the pot and go to attend to other tables while he thinks and then raises. The table pops up and I just manage to hit the call button before I time out. I should have raised to put him all-in but hands on other tables took the time from me. One of the problems with multi-tabling I guess.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: It's pretty hard to play the hand OOP, as I see the opponent is pretty unknown, then I would more often prefer to 3bet there or just fold, depending on the opponent.

As played
      Flop: Check/Raise is here reasonable but against some passive opponent I would more often just bet out and try to protect and also try to extract value.
      Turn: As you played Check on flop and he checked behind then I am definitely betting out here. Otherwise I would Check/Raise, don't see any point to just Check/Call.
      River: As you played so passive, I am definitely playing Bet/Call.

Best regards,
      Rensu