[NL2-NL10] AQ in bb

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Played this last night and am interested in your comments.

Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 481324
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $11.92
      BTN: $9.11
      SB: $9.39
      Hero (BB): $16.81
      UTG: $1.80
      UTG+1: $4.86
      UTG+2: $9.08 Stats 18/6/50 (4.4k hands)
      MP1: $23.88
      MP2: $10.72

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :spade: Q :club:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.30

I could have 3-bet here and often would but I was focusing on mixing things up and trying some slightly different lines last night and decided to just call and see a flop. The thining was that if he has a big hand QQ+ then he will 4 bet and I probably fold. Villan is a regular at NL10.

Flop: ($0.85) J :diamond: Q :heart: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks

Lovely flop. I really want him to feel he still has control so I check to the pf raiser and he checks behind. I was a little suprised as I expected a c-bet which he does 85% of the time.

Turn: ($0.85) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Again I like the blank on the turn and check to tell him I am not interested in this hand any more. He bets and I decide to flat call as I am not worried about draws here. I could have check raised but that would show too much strength to him as I don't often c-r.

River: ($2.25) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, UTG+2 raises to $5,
      Hero calls $3.30

At the same time I have a couple of decsions pending on other tables and am now wishing I had bet the turn. I bet out to start to get some cash in the pot and go to attend to other tables while he thinks and then raises. The table pops up and I just manage to hit the call button before I time out. I should have raised to put him all-in but hands on other tables took the time from me. One of the problems with multi-tabling I guess.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: It's pretty hard to play the hand OOP, as I see the opponent is pretty unknown, then I would more often prefer to 3bet there or just fold, depending on the opponent.

As played
      Flop: Check/Raise is here reasonable but against some passive opponent I would more often just bet out and try to protect and also try to extract value.
      Turn: As you played Check on flop and he checked behind then I am definitely betting out here. Otherwise I would Check/Raise, don't see any point to just Check/Call.
      River: As you played so passive, I am definitely playing Bet/Call.

Best regards,
      Rensu