This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA in position facing river shove

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Another one from last night -

Cassava Poker $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 481343
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $21.79
      SB: $20.55
      BB: $19.59
      UTG: $19.80
      UTG+1: $3.10
      UTG+2: $23.20
      MP1: $9.88
      MP2: $1.20
      CO: $12.29

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN with A :club: A :heart:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.80, MP2 raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Nice, I get AA after they have been missing from action for ages! Standard raise and get semi 3-bet by a short stack - easy call here and the bb comes along for the ride.

Flop: ($3.70) K :spade: T :diamond: 3 :heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80

I flop an overpair (now theres a suprise! lol) and bb checks so I put out a c-bet and he calls.

Turn: ($7.30) Q :heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.60, BB raises to $8, Hero calls $4.40

Not sure if I like the turn but when checked to I bet again and get raised??? I think I called more in suprise than anything else.

River: ($23.30) 7 :club: (3 players)
      BB bets $8.59, Hero ????

Now the bb shoves WTF!!! I am at a loss by now - should I call or give him credit for a better hand - 2 pair, a set, AJ for a str8, J9 even???

Thoughts wold be appreciated thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      90% of the time I think you're behind and on 95% of the original 90% i put the BB on TT or maybe 33. but I'm pretty sure he has TT, because that is the basic slow playing strategy for a flopped set and then the PF play would make sense too. your call on the turn is really dumb because you're never ahead when check/raised on the turn. I can see that you have the same big problem I had for not giving credit to c/r and not laying down overpairs. If you think about it there is actually no hand that would play like this and c/r you on the turn that you're actually ahead of. I put him 86% TT and other 14%- 33. 100% set
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you should bet a little more on the flop to 2.5$
      Safe mode is either check behind turn and call river bet or b/f
      BB is not c/r worse hands than yours, a lot of times he has there two pair or straight and since you don´t get correct odds to hit your 6 outer fold is better than call or shove
      I´d call river, you just get too good odds that he might play his Kx hand strongly than expected