Frustration

• Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      Well, last week i received an email from what "looked" like Mansion poker, with a link to this site and an offer of a free $50.
      So i clicked the link thinking it was a genuine mailshot from Mansion poker.

I am directed to this site and do the quiz and follow the instructions to the letter.
      I already had an account at Mansion and when i sent a message to this sites owners they said its ok and you are in the que.

So this morning i wake up to an email from this site, below is this mornings email:

Dear Blackadder43, We are sorry to inform you that we were unable to transfer your exclusive free $50 due to the fact that the transaction was denied by Mansion Poker . However, we would like to draw your attention to our excellent first deposit bonus offers. In case you are interested, you will find more details here: The Best Bonuses in Online Poker Please be advised that regrettably, you can not receive the first deposit bonus on Mansion Poker. Thanks for your understanding.

So my question to you:
      The email looked like it came from Mansion poker, but yet they denied the transaction?
      If it came from this site then that is just cheap.
      It badgers you to tell your friends about this great deal, luckily i didnt tell anyone until the money was safely in my account.
      What i will be doing now tho is telling everyone who reads both my blogs on 2 very high profile training and coaching sites about how i feel i was conned and mislead.

I am expecting this thread to be taken off but i have tryed to be polite as i can about this.
      I wasnt even offered the $50 to sign up to 1 of the other sites on the list.
      Very naughty and not very nice.
  • 36 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Blackadder43,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the Community.

It seems very odd that were told it was ok to sign up through mansion and then declined. I will pass this on immediately for you.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      I thank you for your politeness and offer of help.

I think at the very least i should be offered to sign up to one of your other sites and get the $50.

After all your site did contact me and not the other way round.

I did follow all instructions to the letter and even advised your site that i already had an account with mansion and i will copy the reply below:

Username Message Blackadder43, 15.01.10 17:10: Hello, i received an email asking me to join this site and take a quiz to unlock $50 on Mansion poker. I already had an account at Mansion (although no money on there) so i didnt need to download the software from your site. After i completed the quiz i filled out my username and personal details but again didnt download mansion from your site. Am i still entitled to the $50? My name is xxxxxxxxxx and my email address is xxxxxxxxxxxx and my username for Mansion is xxxxxxxxxx Many thanks for your time and nice site too .

Jeff, 16.01.10 11:07: Dear Blackadder43, We have put you on the money transfer list already, so you should receive your starting capital very soon. Please check your poker software as well as your tickets on our website regularly. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Jeff

So as you can see i have been more than straight up right from the beginning
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I thank you for your politeness and offer of help.

Any Time :)

Hope your situation is sorted out. Thank you for the information your giving. It will be helpful in our efforts to clear this up.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      I have now emailed Mansion poker.
      Below is my email to them.
      This is not good for getting people to sign up with these sites when they make you jump through hoops of fire to get something they offered you for free.

Hello, last week (11/01/2010) i received an email from you directing me to pokerstrategy.com website. Your email said "Your unique bonus is about to expire" I opened the mail and followed the instructions and went to pokerstrategy.com. I completed the quiz and informed pokerstrategy.com that i already had an account with Mansion poker, they replyed this was ok, and i was still entitled to the $50 start up bonus. This morning i receive an email from pokerstrategy.com that you (Mansion poker) had refused the transfer of $50 to my poker account. Would you be so kind as to explain why? Thank you xxxxx AKA xxxxxxxx.
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      So now we are beginning to get somewhere.
      It seems that although the address on the original email indicated it was from Mansion poker and given the fact i had an account with mansion poker the original email offering me and linking me to Pokerstrategy.com is infact a con email.
      Mansion poker have no records of sending me this mailshot.

So who did?
      Are they benefiting by making me sign up here with my details?
      How did they know i have made an account with Mansion? (something only i am aware of doing, not once have i mentioned or written that i have an Mansion account)

This is not funny now, time wasted and no one willing to give much details out except i dont qualify for the $50 bonus after time wasted.

Below is Mansion pokers latest response, i have forwarded the original email to them, as requested.

Discussion Thread Response (Sammy M.) 17/01/2010 15:08 Hello xxxxx, Thank you for contacting MansionPoker.com regarding your bonus. Please be advised your account username "xxxxxxxx" is not registered via the Poker Strategy link and therefore you are not eligible for the Poker Strategy $50 bonus. We have been unable to locate a Poker Strategy promotional e-mail on your account, may we kindly request you forward this e-mail to memberservice@mansion.com in order for us to assist you in this matter. Thank you for choosing MansionPoker.com, in the meantime, if we can be of any other assistance, please feel free to contact us again at memberservice@mansion.com or by Live Chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Kindest regards, Sammy Mansion Member Services http://www.mansionpoker.com "Where The World Plays" Email: Memberservice@mansion.com Tel: +350 200 41000 Fax: +350 200 41001 Auto-Response 17/01/2010 14:37 Thank you for your enquiry. This is an automated email to confirm that your email has been received by us and will be dealt with shortly. We will endeavour to respond to you within the next 24 hours. The reference number for your question is 100117-000395. Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to being of assistance. Kindest regards, Support team
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      Is it possible for someone to look at my sign up page and see who i was linked through to get here?

Someone somewhere is trying to benefit by sending out mail shots pertaining to be from legit pokersites and directing people to this site.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Blackadder43,

First of all, sorry for the confusion & time you have had to invest into this.

I have just talked to one of our account managers who told me that there were some issues with Mansion sending out e-mails to players that were later rejected for the free $50. This might have happened out of a variety of reasons that we are currently trying to get to the bottom of.

That means we are currently communicating with Mansion and trying to sort out the issue for the effected players. I cannot promise anything as of right now, but we will do our best to find some kind of solution. Unfortunately, whatever the outcome, this will most likely take a while, so you will simply have to sit tight.

Even without the free 50, you have access to quite a lot of the forums already - and also a fair share of articles. I'd recommend simply looking around in the meantime.

Once again sorry for the hassle.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Korn
      Korn
      Bronze
      Hi Blackadder43,

thanks for your messages.

The email that you received from Mansion-Poker is legit. It's a part of a free $50 campaign that we run with them.

However, as this was done for the first time, there have been some technical & communication problems.

Our team is working on it to make sure that you receive the $50 and that similar problems don't occur going forward.
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      Many thanks for the effort and replys on this matter.
      As soon as its sorted i do have 5 or 6 people willing to take the quiz and sign up.
      Thanks again
    • Tomassio123
      Tomassio123
      Bronze
      Hi Blackadder43,

Just to inform you, I am in contact with Mansion and we will do everything possible to solve this problem. Let you know in this thread when I received an answer from Mansion. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
      Tom
    • Tomassio123
      Tomassio123
      Bronze
      Hi Blackadder43,

I have checked with Mansion what the problem was and they said that your E-Mail was not in their mailing list. As this is an exclusive promotion for a number of selected player, they were not able to provide you this exclusive bonus. I am sorry for this trouble.

Best,
      Tom
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      Would you be so kind as to explain how i managed to have the email sent to me if i am not on their list?

Although i cant complain about receiving something that is technicaly free i should get an explanation as to why i did receive the email in the first place, and went through the hassle of signing up and giving all my personal details and then told "sorry but you are not on our emailing list"

Smacks of underhanded marketing.
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      Just to add insult to injury i have just received another email from "Mansion.com" with another promotion but in French !!!!
      I give up

Just to get it clear in my mind would your tech guys look at my sign up for this site and tell me who or which company by sign up link is assigned to?
      I have asked this question before and have not had an answer yet.

I came to this site through the sign up link in the "Mansion poker" email i had.
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      Originally posted by Korn
      Hi Blackadder43,

thanks for your messages.

The email that you received from Mansion-Poker is legit. It's a part of a free $50 campaign that we run with them.

However, as this was done for the first time, there have been some technical & communication problems.

Our team is working on it to make sure that you receive the $50 and that similar problems don't occur going forward.
      I have just talked to one of our account managers who told me that there were some issues with Mansion sending out e-mails to players that were later rejected for the free $50.

It does seem to be a shady cop out by Mansion to lure people in.
      Obviously i am piddling in the wind persuing this but it doesnt do much for people to recommend this venture because of the uncertainty in getting anywhere.
    • Tomassio123
      Tomassio123
      Bronze
      Hi Blackadder43,

I am really sorry for that. But as we like to satisfy you we will investigate further, why Mansion said that you was not in their mailing list.
      Could you please provide us your Mail address you have used when creating your Mansion account? As we don't like that you have to publish your address in this thread, please have a look in your PokerStrategy Account today where our CS Department will ask you for this. As soon we get the address, we will check again.

Best,
      Tom
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      Thanks for looking into this
      Email sent with original mail from mansion forwarded.

Hope this gets sorted because its looking more and more like someone from somewhere has taken my inactive mansion account email and is using your official promotion email to try and scam something somehow.
      This is why i want you to see who i am affiliated with when i signed up to your site, because i used the mansion email link to find this site, in theory it should be mansion i am affiliated with?
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      I have forwarded the email a few times but because i opened the email using my mozilla thunderbird client i think you also have to use thinderbird to open and view it.
      I have emailed some alternative ways of viewing it, we will see.

I almost gave up with this
      but
      Because it seems that the email address used to send me this mail is a legit Mansion email and mansion are denying i am on their mailing list it would seem possible that someone has gotten access to rarely used accounts and are trying to scam bonuses somehow.
      So i wont let this go until i have a satisfactory explanation as to why i would receive a legit marketing email yet the company involved denys i am on their mailing list, although i have an account with them.
    • Tomassio123
      Tomassio123
      Bronze
      Hi Blackadder43,

I am really not sure where the problem is. We are still investigating, also whether this Mansion email address an a legit one.
      So we will stay still in contact with you.

Best,
      Tom
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Blackadder43,

Considering that the mails are being sent from Mansion and that we are indeed currently running such a promotion with Mansion I don't think that there are currently bonus scams running.

It does seem however that there are problems with the mailing list, especially if you are receiving multiple e-mails without them knowing about it or intending it.

This is why we are investigating this and in contact with Mansion. We hope to clear this up as soon as possible.

Best regards
      SoyCD