[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS postflop game

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $17,80
      Hero:
      $5,50

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J:club: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, CO calls $1,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) Q:club: , K:club: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,25, CO raises to $2,50, Hero raises to $4,50 (All-In), CO calls $2,00.

Turn: ($11,35) 2:heart:
      River: ($11,35) Q:heart:

Final Pot: $11,35

Three overcards, but I have nut flushdraw+straight+maybe set. So I thought that against Ax I should be ahead and decided to move all-in on the flop. Good push?

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $13,47
      Hero:
      $4,65

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 4 folds, BB calls $1,00, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($2,85) 9:heart: , 7:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,85) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB folds.

Final Pot: $3,85

I didn´t like the flop, but seemed like BB was passive so I made block/value bet on the turn. This time it worked:) I think that 1$ should be enough to find out where I´m at.

3)
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , K:diamond:
      5 folds, BU raises to $0,50, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,85

I hate these min-raise steels from the button. Maybe I should re-raise hands like A9+, 99+. K7 didn´t seem good enough this time.

4)
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $20,04
      Hero:
      $4,24

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , A:heart:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 4 folds, UTG+2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) T:spade: , 8:club: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,85) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1,50, UTG+2 calls $1,50.

River: ($5,85) 5:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1, UTG+2 calls $1,00.

Final Pot: $7,85

I don´t know if I should move all-in on the river or check behind, so I decided to make 1$ value bet, which left me 0,74$:D . If I´m think that opponent will call 70% my 1$ bet and fold 60% my all-in bet on the river, then I should maybe use these low value bets to get maximum out of opponent.

5)
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3,70
      BB:
      $6

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      8 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, BB calls $0,25.

Flop: ($1,00) 2:club: , 3:heart: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, BB folds.

Final Pot: $1,50

Battle from the SSS players:) If I min-reraise I could win pot right away, I could fold after he re-raise and my contbet doesn´t costs so much money. This board looked quite nice to put in another 50 cents. (and of course people may think that min raise means aces:) ). So what about min-raises from SB against SSS player who usually can´t call any raise.

6)
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $88,85
      Hero:
      $4,82

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,25, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, MP3 folds, CO calls $1,25, 4 folds.

Flop: ($3,10) 6:spade: , K:diamond: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($3,10) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($3,10) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1,00.

Final Pot: $5,10

Again didn´t like that board, so I waited for ace or queen. I think that valuebet on the river is fine. Don´t know if I should check/call or check/all-in flop or turn if CO is aggressive.
  • 3 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Dont raise AJ from MP. Even more so with limpers from early positions.
      1. Good all-in ,stoving your hand against possible opponent hands shows you are in decent shape and you have invested already 2.25 in the hand.
      2. Contibet the flop , you should be representing an overpair here.
      3. good fold
      4. Good play , still go all in on river.
      5. I d raise to 3 BB , minraise gives even a shortstack way too good odds to see at least a flop.
      6. Contibet the flop , its not very drawy and you could easily be holding a K .
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

Thanks for posting so many sample hands but please have a look at our new posting guidelines.

Hand 1) nice hand. Your all-in is definitely +EV (has a positive expected value)

Hand 2) make a contibet here (~$1.50) and fold to further action.

Hand 3) nice fold. Your restealing range should be more tight A9+ 99+ is a bit loose.

Hand 4) If you raise with AJo from MP3 (what you should not do) make a contibet on the flop and move all-in on the turn.

Hand 5) If you want to steal, please raise to $1. A minraise will be called nearly every time from the BB in a blind battle.

Hand 6) fold preflop! If you raise preflop you have to conti bet the flop, too.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for comments.
      Now I´ve read the posting rules and trying to follow them in the future.

I also wanted to discuss raising AJ from MP. If there has been limper, than I could put him small and medium pocket pairs, ace with weaker kicker or Kx, Qx, JT, T9. I´m favorite against these hands. My only problem is, that someone might have AQ and he would only call with that hand, but that isn´t happening too often. Even if I raise AQ I have to fold to the re-raise. So against AK, maybe TT+ I am still behind even with AQ.

Against SSS players I can´t go all-in any more TT, JJ, AK. So my hand range which I may raise becomes very small and if I raise the others would fold, because they know that I´am passive and I only raise/reraise premium hands.
      So I decided to follow BSS starting chart, which says raise early AQ and middle AJ. TT should be also calling hand (or in SSS that means fold), but against overcards it is still favorite, so I think it is +ev. Sometimes someone re-raise but that isn´t happening also a lot.

And finally contibets. UTG limping hand range is mostly small pocket pairs. If there isn´t any overcards, then it isn´t point making 100% contbets and then fold to check/re-raise. I would just take next card and if I hit anything or opponents seems passive then try to take then pot away.

Also I should re-read SSS article. Just noticed that there are also calling hands from CO and BU. I just wonder what I would do, if I call A5s, hit my ace and bb raise AK6 board. Clear fold or what:)