The 7chart never gives me a profit

• AlfNet
      AlfNet
      Bronze
      Am I the only one preferring the Simple Handchart?

I've tried following the 7chart but I don't like it. I usually loosen up on late position, but only on late position. Whenever I do it in middle position, like the charts tells you to, I just loose money.

Betting J-10s in MP2 is a guarantee that I'll loose money.

How do you people adapt to the 7chart, compared to the simple one?

I find some of the info on the 7chart to be interesting, but the "First In" gives me nothing but trouble.
  • 6 replies
    • bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      are you talking about the fr or sh charts?
    • AlfNet
      AlfNet
      Bronze
      Full Ring.

It tells you, for instance, to raise KJs in UTG+2 when everyone has folded to you. But that's a play I don't feel comfortable with.

The Simple Hand Chart, on the other hand, tells you to fold it in early and middle position, and raise in late and blinds.

I certainly feel much more comfortable doing the second play.
    • Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      well if you read the article it actually says you shouldnt just start using those charts out of no where. You're to start using those once you're more comfortable with what you're doing. The entire reason for raises like that is to put you into tougher positions so you can extract more value from more marginal hands
    • AlfNet
      AlfNet
      Bronze
      Ok.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlfNet
      Betting J-10s in MP2 is a guarantee that I'll loose money.

How do you people adapt to the 7chart, compared to the simple one?

I find some of the info on the 7chart to be interesting, but the "First In" gives me nothing but trouble.
      It all takes time and experience. At first the 7chart Bronze Full Ring charts can be daunting, and you can wonder how 77s are gonna stand up from MP1, but with time and experience you learn how to react to board textures and your opponents.

The FR charts are derived from your expected equity in any given position v the number of players yet to act. If you play tighter than these charts then in the long run you give up value. At micro limits usually the standard of play is bad enough that these equity considerations aren't significant, hence the simple charts provided as basic strategy. But once you move past the very lowest limits you will not be able to progress unless you widen your range.

To get a feel for situations make sure you read through all the bronze articles for post flop play, and read through and post in the hand evaluation forums!
    • tadejusce
      tadejusce
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlfNet
      Full Ring.

It tells you, for instance, to raise KJs in UTG+2 when everyone has folded to you. But that's a play I don't feel comfortable with.

The Simple Hand Chart, on the other hand, tells you to fold it in early and middle position, and raise in late and blinds.

I certainly feel much more comfortable doing the second play.
      Well at the begining i had the same problem. After "few" hands you will realize like i did what it means +EV. Then you will not mind raising with those hands.
      If I am mistaken please correct me.