$5.23
      CO:
      $3.80
      BU:
      $11.31
      SB:
      $9.65

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 3.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 4, T, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.9) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, CO calls $0.64.

River: ($2.18) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.56, CO calls $1.56.

Final Pot: $5.3.
  • 4 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      I wouldn't bet the flop since your draw is weak with 6 clean outs. His raise means you don't get the pot odds to chase and puts you in a tough spot. What if you miss the turn? The pot is bigger now and you're out of position. You will need to ask yourself if you can continue under a second barrel.

I would probably C/C the flop and maybe C/C a blank turn depending on bet size. If I bet the flop, I would fold to a raise since it would be difficult to extract value if you hit and difficult to continue if you miss the turn. As played, pot the turn and river since villain likely has a decent holding here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I kinda line your line actually. Our draw is indeed weak enough that we're not really sure we want to risk a check/raise with it, plus villain just limped preflop and the board is very dry, it's very likely 1/ he has nothing 2/ he won't bet at it so we'll miss a check/raise and lose half our equity if the turn blanks. So i like the pot donk.

When he raises it's just weird but since he limped preflop from the CO he's likely bad on the passive side, so i'm more inclined to give him credit for something than i would be if he was a tag. A tag would be more likely to have airballs/overcards/draws in that spot. I'm not even that worried about the heart draw, since i don't expect a player like CO to raise with it a lot of the time. For these reasons i'd estimate your implied odds higher than buhhy thinks, and i'm fine peeling one off to see what happens.

On later streets i'd play it about the same, i don't want him to find a weak fold with stuff like Tx just because i decided to go for all his stack unless i have reason to believe he doesn't care / he'll think it looks bluffy.

Hope it helps.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Disagree with buhhy. I'm betting flop to capitalize on the dead money, even if our draw is weak. Once he raises though It's an easy fold. He's not not raising with anything you beat, because there is nothing you beat.
      And calling with a weak draw OOP against his range could easily hurt your winrate for when you just check/fold a blank turn.

Save yourself the money by folding, but I do like the initial bet on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Being OOP, I am just folding on flop after he decides to make such a raise.

Best regards,
      Rensu