$2.15
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $13.05
      MP3:
      $1.75

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) A, 7, 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.85.
  • 5 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Your bet post flop is weak and shows a lack of confidence in your hand. bet a very minimum of half the pot if you are to bets but since you got 2 opponents.

You should either bet pot size but are more likely to get an A opposition than if you had one opponent. You can c/f as you are often beat.

I personnaly hate to fold and probably would go straight AI since I know I wont fold my cowboys I try to achieve the maximum fold equity right here. but I dont think the coaches will agree with that :D
    • SilentSteve
      SilentSteve
      Bronze
      My reasoning for the rather smallish conti bet is that any more and id be practically stack committed, which isnt something id want to do with an ace on the board :(
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      The best way to play this hand is not to contibet the flop I guess. I would directly check/fold here as one opponent at least is more likely to hit his top pair. check/fold flop though.
      If nobody bet, I would check/call turn and thin value bet/fold river.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      @tigerK: I disagree, as a small stack your range from UTG is very small with A (AK - AA) . and if you start check folding any A high board you will get bullied, I think. I think a normal sized contibet is in order. Or if your opponent seems good a check raise could even have more effect.

I would probably go r / AI

r/f is probably the best solution but again a good player I think a c/r could be very effective.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey SilentSteve,

I just c/f this hand all the way.

Against two opponents it's very likely someone has hit with Ax and if you c-bet this board only Ax hands will call you and you will get zero value from worse.

If you think any of villains is very aggressive and would try to push you off your hand then I would play c/c(c/r, because you would be commited anyway) but against average opponents on NL10 I just c/f because I don't expect them to bluff, specially not in 3-way pot.

Regards,
      burek2000