This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

adjustments from NL 25 to NL 50 playing SSS

• 2 replies
    • knb22
      knb22
      Bronze
      On NL50, most games tend to tighten up, so if you haven't read the gold articles concerning resteals and isolation, you should do that. You could also loosen up a little from late postition if you feel comfortable with your postflop play. Also check out all videos on SSS NL25 and NL50
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      I found a lot more people raised me over a cbet as well at NL50. If you are still cbetting 100% against 1 opponent spend a bit of time looking at situations where you can alter your line, such as:

1) Not cbetting at all and giving up the hand. i.e. a coordinated high card board where you hold a low pair.

2) Delaying the cbet in order to hit either an actual out or a card that looks like an out. i.e. a low board where you can represent any high card on the turn.

3) Situations where you can cbet/broke i.e. with two overcards and a gutshot.

4) Situations where you might 2nd barrel to drive off floaters i.e. where scare cards come on the turn.

I personally have not made enough of a study of this in my game. It is a leak I am currently working on but I think around NL50 this becomes more important as players stop playing fit/fold and begin to be a bit more aggressive.