Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25.80
      MP2:
      $19.38

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.75, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, MP2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.60) Q:club: , 7:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75.

Turn: ($10.10) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($10.10) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, MP2 raises to $14.38 (All-In), Hero calls $8.38.

Final Pot: $38.86

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qd Qh)
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high (Kd Ac)

MP2 wins with a straight, ace high (Kd Ac)

Have posted this hand mainly for my own embarrassment!! I think i played ok until the turn then i really made a mess of it!! Check the turn then call the all in on the river....... shocking!! I was saying he had AK as i pressed the call button!!
  • 7 replies
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      Why You don't CB flop - this way You are very easy to read - CB with air, missed flop and TP. C/c with set+. Alway bet here flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      bet/bet/shove against middlestack seems like the best way to play your hand
      if you check, then I like c/r a lot more than giving him free cards and also you don´t get all of his money if he checks back turn
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by herekPL
      Why You don't CB flop - this way You are very easy to read - CB with air, missed flop and TP. C/c with set+. Alway bet here flop.
      I don't always c/c with a set or better. My decision is based on my villain and the board. On this board i c/c the flop because it gives my villain the chance to take a stab at it which he did. If he checks the flop then thats ok too as he might improve his hand on the turn.

My biggest mistake in this hand is checking the turn.

Thanks for the comments.

James
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Altering your play based on the villian is good. But a better line is to cbet, and then check/raise turn. Aggressive villians know that you will bet your entire range on the flop, and the check/fold the turn quite often.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think that you misplayed your hand quite bad.

preflop: fine except you could consider 3-bet to 2,50-3,00$ because of oop
      flop: Just make your normal conti-bet as you would do with KK, AA, KQ and AQ, too
      turn: Bet/All-In

As played: Donk turn to 7,50$ because board got drawy
      river: Shove yourself, if he has AK it's just a cooler.

What did he have?

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      If you check call the flop and try to check/raise the turn it's always easy to make this kind of read on you. c/r on the flop I think would be better because if he has hit something then it's likely that he will call anyway and you make the pot big enough to get it it on the turn. I don't get it why you checked the turn because even if the river is blank and let's say he has a Q with a marginal kicker then you won't get much value out of your hand. I think that the correct line of play is either to c/r the flop and try to get it in on the turn or c/c the flop and donk bet the turn to get it in on the river
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      I take on board the points about c-betting or c/r the flop but am still happy with the c/c as there isn't a card i don't mind seeing on the turn. So i still feel the biggest mistake is checking the turn

Once again thanks for all the comments. As i said originally i posted this hand for my embarrassment as i knew i'd played it bad.

Thanks

James