[NL2-NL10] Nl $4 WA/WB

• kesgab
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 5:club: , A:club: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BU raises to $0.72, Hero calls $0.36.

I was afraid of a made flush or sets of fives or jacks. I was only ahead against Ax-es, so i just called with good pot odds.
        I was also thinking that it was a way ahead - way behind (WA/WB) situation where in fixed limit i learnt the best thing to do is calldown. I guess this strategy doesn't make a lot of sense in no limit because calldown can be very expensive. Is there any general rules what to do in WA/WB situations? Maybe its better to get more information on the opponents hands with reraises or 3bets?

Turn: ($1.82) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.32, Hero folds.

There was a great chance here that he had the flush so i folded.

Final Pot: $3.14

Did i play correctly on the flop and the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • undercover82
      i think you played it correct. In those kinds of situations you wanna attempt toget to the showdown as cheap as possible. So calling his reraise and see what the turn card/opponent action is ,should be the best option. if you reraise him there , only a better hand will call.
    • kesgab
    • Puschkin81
      Hi kesgab!

I agree withn undercover82 that you played the hand well. Concerning your question about way ahead/way behind situations in NL. There will be an article in the strategy area soon. We are working on it.

Good luck at the tables!