[NL2-NL10] Nl5 99

• AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Hi,

Should I b/f flop? what about the turn play?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $1.01
      BU(Hero):
      $7.62
      SB:
      $5.02
      BB:
      $4.16
      MP3:
      $2.76

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, SB folds, BB raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.66) 6, A, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.66) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.49, BB raises to $3.84, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.15.
  • 4 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Should I b/f flop?

Actually you should fold preflop vs unknown on NL 5.Set mining is unprofitable without deep stacks and moves are unprofitable in general on NL5.
      As played I'd cbet after check most of the time because Ax is in my perceived range.But you should look at opp's check-raise stats on flop.
      If opp is capable to 3bet light I would check flop and turn and hope to get to showdown cheaply ,maybe I can get value from low pp,1 paired suited cannectors or hands like KQs.But usually that's not the case in micros.
      GL.
      :f_confused:
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Should I b/f flop?

Actually you should fold preflop vs unknown on NL 5.Set mining is unprofitable without deep stacks and moves are unprofitable in general on NL5. :f_confused:
      Well I had enough implied odds for set mining, besides I think 99 i too strong only for set mining.

I had some read, he called down my 3 streets pots size bets on 6542J board with A6 in last hand. I also thought he might have an ace and wanted to c/r or just he is bluffing because of the last hand.

I really wanted to call his push..

Thoughts..
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Calling is fine. It's only a min raise. Never putting any more money in if I don't hit though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I don't mind the Call there, you are just getting perfect odds for a set mine.
      Flop: Depending on the opponent I am either deciding whether I am Check/Folding or Bet/Folding, against some passive ones it could be reasonable to try to bet out and see if they have something or not. If they Call there then you can likely give up, otherwise against some calling station it will be hard to put him on some hand, they are having very wide range so I wouldn't mind to just Check/Fold.
      Turn: More often I would just go for pot control here and Call his bet and reevaluate river.

Best regards,
      Rensu