FREE COACHING, help me improve my pronunciation

• Sim87
      Sim87
      Black
      Hey guys,

I'm doing a lot of private coachings for the german section of pokerstrategy and I will coach you anything in NLHE up to 600NL for free (preferably 6max/HU, my usual charge is $100/hour) if you help me out in return.

I'm studying english at a university and I'll have to do a language pronunciation test in about a month. It's a phonology test fwiw.

I'm searching someone who speaks perfect british english (no ghetto accent or anything, please DO NOT APPLY if you speak american english or any other form of the english language).

Here's the deal: I'll coach you one hour and you'll listen and correct me for one hour in return (warning: I have about 8 pages of random weird sentences and it's gonna be boring for sure).

I think its gonna take about an hour, maybe longer, to go through the stuff I have. Simply apply here in this thread, I'll check it on a regular basis. Post your skype nick and I'll get in contact with you and post here once I found someone.

Thanks and GL,
      Simon
  • 14 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      omg, someone should get this fast.... if you're gonna study swedish next time I can do it :f_p:
    • xStephen
      xStephen
      Bronze
      More than happy to help. My name on skype is Stephen.Langdown. I am british, I can speak without an accent to help you. Cheers
    • Blackadder43
      Blackadder43
      Global
      I am also British and can speak without an accent.

My skype mike has been playing up a bit lately but am willing to be a stand by or a second opinion if needed.

I dont play cash but i play sng's, so maybe i could hold the coaching session for the future or maybe you would do a session for a complete cash novice to see if i can make it.

Skype is bruce.yard
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hi Sim87, I am British and speak with a well educated accent. I was born in North London and grew up in a small town on the Northern outskirts of the city. My House is 5 minutes drive from the M25 Motorway that circles the capital of our country.

I would like to think that I would be a suitable person to help you with preparation for your exams especially pronunciation-wise although I must admit I am currently out of the country for the winter (Skiing) in a time-zone 7 hours behind Greenwich Meantime, thus It might be inconvenient time-wise if you don't want to work on your stuff in the evening.

I am also a Full-Ring player so won't mind If you pick someone else who plays 6-max or HU instead. I never felt I had enough edge to play above NL100 in the past and currently only play up to NL50 due to cashing out a large portion of my bankroll.

My Skype Nick is *****************

Thanks for taking the time to read this - Mark
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      daphunk, that sounds an wful lot like cheshunt
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ladman
      daphunk, that sounds an wful lot like cheshunt
      Close but no cigar, I live in the St Albans area.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      My Canadian english screws me :f_cry:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      offering slovenian language coachings and balkan cursing coachings, if interested contact me :)
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      I have tutoring experience (in math and science and reading), and english is my first language.

I am Canadian so I don't speak with a british accent (if that's what you wanted), but we do speak british english here, although spoken language has been mostly americanized, we still spell most words in british english.

If you are concerned with all the differences in british and american english, or if you are penalized for saying something in american english, then I definetely can't help you. But if you are just looking for a more casual "lets have a conversation" approach, and I stop you for using a double negative or something, then I can help you.

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Hi, I speak perfect british english, was born in london and went to a public school etc. I've been living in Austria for the last couple of years and have experience with translatino, proof-reading, teaching, and even interviewing candidates for MBA courses at a business school here.

I would really like some NL100 SH or HU coaching, my home limit is NL200 FR atm, but i have played a lot of other stuff (i'm not a retarded FR passive nit and i don't want to play FR forever), including maybe 50k hands of HU, mainly NL50 and capped NL100-200, and some normal HU NL100 and 200.

I'm afraid i don't know much about you, maybe you could briefly link to some stats or something that show you beating limit x, etc.?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      ^ http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/9174
    • Sim87
      Sim87
      Black
      Kruppe could you post your skype please?

Or just add me: simon2312 [ps.de]
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Offering my services.

I live in Northern Ireland ( part of the UK). I'd love some HUNL coaching for the .25/.50 level in return or some 6max at a similar level.

I play on IPN (Boss).

If I'm not chosen, good luck anyway!
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      St. Alban's, I know thhe old veralaneum