35bb buy-in?

• Zeldyman
      Zeldyman
      Gold
      Now, after the update, the minimum buy-in on FTP is 35bb. Is that correct? What should i do if i received my starting capital 3 days ago and I've been playing SSS till this update and I can't play it anymore? I didn't knew about upcoming changes on FTP :(

sry for my english. I hope u understand.

EDIT: I found the answer myself:
      B. Ring Game buyin changes: No Limit and Pot Limit games are having their buyin ranges changed. We are doing this based on both popular demand and our own internal analysis.

Old games -

Cap: 30bb min, 30bb max for Hold'em, 40bb min, 40bb max for Omaha
      "Normal": 20bb min, 100bb max
      Deep: 50bb min, 200bb max

Normal and Deep tables had a 5:1 and 4:1 ratio between the max and min buyin. We felt this ratio was too high. So the new buyin ranges are:

Cap: No change (already at 1:1 for max/min)
      Normal: 35bb min, 100bb max (now under 3:1)
      Deep: 75bb min, 200bb max (now under 3:1)

What about people that like to buy in for 20bb, you might ask. Well, that brings us to...

C. Shallow tables: We've introduced a new table type called "Shallow" which has a 20bb min and 40bb max as its buyin range. We debated this quite a bit (our other option was to lower the min buyin at Cap tables to 20bb) but ultimately decided Cap was a different enough game from what Shallow will be that it was worth creating the new type of table. So while I apologize for the addition to lobby clutter (although with the Standard View lobby you can filter to your heart's content!) I do think this was the best way to provide the vast majority of players with the game of their choice.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/ftp-answers-1-19-a-689133/

But its not good :( Better to learn&play BSS i think.
  • 39 replies
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      start playing BSS
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      finally awesome :P
    • MigArt
      MigArt
      Bronze
      You can still play SSS with 35 BI. Just adjust your BRM to it and there you have it.
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MigArt
      You can still play SSS with 35 BI. Just adjust your BRM to it and there you have it.
      i don't think that's a good idea...
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      no way it's going to work for beginner.. you have to be REALLY good player to be able to adjust your ranges to 35BB BI and play profitably^^

Zeldyman: the only thing I can suggest you is to study BSS or FL/SNG and, more or less, start your career again :(
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You would have to adjust much more than just BRM. SSS as it exists is unplayable on ftp atm.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Unbelievable... I can not believe the actually did it. Once again publicity and commercializing over real players.
      First of all... 90% of you whiney little b***es complaining over sss are probably massive fishes and loosing players, who have no idea how sss works on mid and high limits, where preflop and flop AI`s don`t fly anymore. U have to really deepen ur game, read opponents, change betsizing so much that most of the time u make it to river. Real bss players don`t find it hard to get their cash from a sss player.
      I really hope FT looses all of the volume players that make REAL rake and gains all of the fake a** whiney little b***es that deposit 20$ and lose it in two days!!

F***ing hell, I don`t even play at FT but this is some bs they did there and I had to put my 2cents out there.

And for the whiney little b***es put ur nickname out there so we can see that u r a winning player... And suck it!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hahahahahahaha weeeeeeee, i :heart: ftp
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      ... mindless drivel ...
      PokerStars is right over there --->
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      Unbelievable... I can not believe the actually did it. Once again publicity and commercializing over real players.
      First of all... 90% of you whiney little b***es complaining over sss are probably massive fishes and loosing players, who have no idea how sss works on mid and high limits, where preflop and flop AI`s don`t fly anymore. U have to really deepen ur game, read opponents, change betsizing so much that most of the time u make it to river. Real bss players don`t find it hard to get their cash from a sss player.
      I really hope FT looses all of the volume players that make REAL rake and gains all of the fake a** whiney little b***es that deposit 20$ and lose it in two days!!

F***ing hell, I don`t even play at FT but this is some bs they did there and I had to put my 2cents out there.

And for the whiney little b***es put ur nickname out there so we can see that u r a winning player... And suck it!
      I like how the whiney little bitches as you stated are the people complaining about SSS'ers, and not the SSS'ers complaining about this change (like you).

Honestly, I enjoy being able to sit at a game not ruined by tiny ratholing stacks, and be able to play some actualy poker, where the turn is seen without two players being all in.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      post ur nick... i never whine... i don t play at ft... sssers will just take their money somwhere else... and u will still be whiney little b***es who achieved this change with their whining ;) have fun getting to river without players being AI ... boohooo
    • Killerius
      Killerius
      Bronze
      I think Stars will follow FTP lead. I never complained against SSS because I started as one, but i must admit it's nice now when i don't have to table select any more (3+ SSS at the table was unplayable for me).
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I dont play cash games but I used to sss and bss with not much success.

But I am educated enough to know that a SSS player sitting to your right is terrible for a BSS player not for reasons that they cant beat them as I personaly think it is not that hard(Except the odd few decent players)
      The problem is they reduce your opening ranges(Maybe not true SSS players but the general donk) you cannot open a wider range when they are to your right as I am sure most of you are aware that different stack sizes affect implied odds in NL poker.

I dont really care either way about the change as I dont play cash but I am open minded enough to understand each side of the argument.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      i dont think stars will follow as they have no reason to. There already are 50bb min and 20bb min tables on stars. Its just stupidity of players to go and play 20bb min if they dont like short stacks.
    • Killerius
      Killerius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      i dont think stars will follow as they have no reason to. There already are 50bb min and 20bb min tables on stars. Its just stupidity of players to go and play 20bb min if they dont like short stacks.
      Because they could loose lots of supernova grinders to FTP. Rb wise SN vs FTP there is not much difference, where would you rather play?
    • surnudtuvi
      surnudtuvi
      Bronze
      SSS isnt poker. well done ftp!!!
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      pretty catastrophic to grinders who are after rakeback and are mainly losing players.

lots of fish will be lost.
    • Pokerfu
      Pokerfu
      Global
      haha ratholers owned by Howard

love it - stars will do it too.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      WOHO fuk ye!!! fuk of shortstackers hahaha idiots