[NL2-NL10] Nl2 ATs

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Only 61 hands on villian - 31/0. He instantly shoved into me on the turn when bet and this with the fact that villian bet into a multiway pot on the flop made me feel a bit uneasy.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $0.54
      MP2:
      $6.31
      MP3:
      $1.73
      CO(Hero):
      $3.79
      BU:
      $0.87
      SB:
      $0.94
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $3.15

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, T.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.12) 7, A, T (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.28, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.68) J (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.58, MP3 raises to $1.43(All-In), Hero calls $0.85.

River: ($3.54) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.54.
  • 6 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Preflop: I would raise preflop from LP ATs.
      Flop: raise is ok,even bigger should be like pot size ~0.35.
      On turn I still call because of the pot odds 3.16:1,you need to win about 24% of the time.He can have a lot of Ax and only 4 sets combos +6 combos of AJ.
      On Nl 2 you will see a lot of strange aggression with tp?k.
      Gl
      :f_confused:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by dallievas
      Preflop: I would raise preflop from LP ATs.
      Flop: raise is ok,even bigger should be like pot size ~0.35.
      On turn I still call because of the pot odds 3.16:1,you need to win about 24% of the time.He can have a lot of Ax and only 4 sets combos +6 combos of AJ.
      On Nl 2 you will see a lot of strange aggression with tp?k.
      Gl
      :f_confused:
      This. If you bet the turn call it off. If you've rarely seen villain bet out before and you think he doesn't even have worse Ax hands in his range you can probably check back the turn on that J card that completes 98/KQ.

Hope it helps.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Should I be raising even if the $0.54 stack is 86/14 and MP2 and MP3 are cold-calling rarely? Because if MP1 shoves it will be pretty annoying and if MP2 and MP3 are going to fold to a raise a lot then I am losing so much implied odds.

If raising is better though - could you explain why?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's very hard to say on the flop, by default we're raising because it's 4-way, we have top two that stands to be best and there are a lot of straightdraws/gutshots these guys could have, so it'd suck on a lot of turns if we get real action.

That being said if they're tighter than they look and MP3 never ever bets himself, then it becomes a lot thinner of a value raise and you might be willing to risk the free card for the sake of pot controlling.

Hope it helps.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Sorry i meant preflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Coldcalling and overlimping are very different, the latter is a lot cheaper. Plus MP2/MP3 are tight they'd probably raise very big hands themselves so i'm not worried at all.

If MP1 shoves we'll get to see MP2 and MP3 act before we do, plus it won't happen anywhere as often as him calling or folding to our raise.

Hope it helps.