[NL2-NL10] Nl5 QQ

• amplifyd
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15, UTG1 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.82) Q, 7, 4 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $0.15, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.65, BB folds, UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.97.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to discuss the 3bet-or-call preflop without reads so let's say it's fine.

Your line is fine on the flop too, doesn't look like anybody has much of anything. If you just call you have no guarantee anybody is going to bet again, and if UTG1 does, it'll be probably be another really small bet. Raising for the rare cases where somebody has something is cool.

Hope it helps.
    • Unforeseen99
      Just curious why you wouldn't call the flop? Wouldn't you expect it to be so rare someone has enough to call that size raise on such a dry board that it is more profitable to let the others possibly call and then hit them on the turn, with the better possibility one of them does hit an overpair ace/king, 2p etc?
    • MaestroOfZerg

UTG looks bad overall so i'm not excluding the possibility that his range on the flop could also be strong, some players just have no clue about bet sizing and will bet small even with Qx or better. However if his bet really is weak, i don't expect to get much out of him unless he hits what is likely a 2 or 3 outer, that won't happen often. It's also possible to have straightdraws/gutshots on that board, so letting stuff like 65/86 see a turn for that price isn't very good for us.

If you want to slowplay it then go ahead it's not bad per se, but you'll find that you'll outdrawn sometimes, most of the time they won't hit the turn and check/fold anyway, and when people hit a top pair on the turn you won't be able to get the stacks in against most players. So i usually take my chances on the flop.

Hope it helps.