This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Fr Kk

• jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $27.31
      Hero:
      $43.48
      BU:
      $25.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , K:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, CO folds, BU calls $1.25, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.10) 3:spade: , 6:heart: , J:heart: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $3.50, BU calls $3.50, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($11.10) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BU raises to $14.00, Hero??

Should i shove here and hope he hasn't got a set or should i be able to find a fold??
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Interesting spot, this line from villain screams JJ maybe 66 to me but it could also be QQ, AJ or even KK+ he didn't 3bet preflop. I rule out Flushdraws as I think he would have Check/Raised those on flop, but sometimes He will Check/Call Top set on flop to get more value from you on turn.

I call and re-evaluate river due to pot odds of $8 to win $30 but I'm not very happy about it.
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      I think you're most likely to be behind in this spot. Yes, you could be ahead of QQ or AJ but that's about all the hands you beat. I would most probably fold in this spot.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Pretty easy fold. If a nit calls flop/raises turn, he has nuts in most cases.

Not sure If I like calling to re-evaluate despite the good odds. I think he will be shoving the river a large percentage of the time + you are getting very pot committed. Go with it on the turn or fold imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Pretty easy fold. If a nit calls flop/raises turn, he has nuts in most cases.

Not sure If I like calling to re-evaluate despite the good odds. I think he will be shoving the river a large percentage of the time + you are getting very pot committed. Go with it on the turn or fold imo.
      +1
      when tight player raises you,t hen you´re against set/two pair most of the cases
      I think it is easy fold