44 in SB, set on the flop. What do you think about it.

• cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      set on flop vs possible flushdraw?

Hi,
      I have a question about a hand played in a live game
      blinds 0,5RON / 1RON [RON - currency from my country]

I am SB with 44. two players limp in (MP and Bu). I limp too. BB - check
      flop: A 4 5 - 4 players - pot 4RON
      Me(SB) - check
      BB - check
      MP - Bet 6RON
      Bu - call
      I raise to 26RON
      BB fold, MP call, Bu call
      Turn: K - board: A 4 5 K - 3 players - pot 82RON
      Me(SB) check
      MP check
      Bu - bet 50RON

[comment about players]
      MP - is a very stupid player, he plays every two cards and calls whit any middle pair. - Very fish!
      Bu - I did not watch his play. He was not the target so there was no need to track him. He brought me to the table and he offered me first hints (one of them was:
      "you should never bluff") He seems like a solid player(not very solid). To find fishes at this limit in a live game you have to find who thinks cards like A3, K7 are good cards. He is not a fish. This is all I can say about him.
      I have 150RON left in my stack, Bu has 50RON left (after betting 50RON) and MP has mutch more money then us.
      [/comment about players]

I folded. MP folded too.
      Bu wins the pot

I have not seen MP playing agressive a flush draw - so I was not afraid of him because he played agresive on the flop
      I have seen Bu playing very very passive a flush draw. just like he played on the flop.
      Almoust all information tell me that Bu has a quality hand, maybe a flush. Now I think ... Does he would have bet so much whit a flush? ... probably yes...

Is this hand ok? What do you think about it?

Just if you are curious: 1RON = 0,35$
  • 12 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Against 2 opponents I think it's ok to c/f on the turn.
      BU is not very likely to bluff in this spot and there is no non-flush hand he can valuebet 3way on this board.
      And against a flush you only have about 22% equity.
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      He could have A5/A4 and after we(me and MP) checked, he thinks he has the best hand...
      ??
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      What about donking out on the FD board with your set :f_p: and get it in after being raised.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      What about donking out on the FD board with your set :f_p: and get it in after being raised.
      That is what I would have done with a set. I eman if you start folding sets you wont play much. It is very possible that Bu had AK. hence the bet.
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      If I donkbet nobody will raise.
      MP is a very stupid player. he will bet with nothing or he will call with nothing. And when he has something he never raises.
      And Bu is not so aggressive, he will not raise.
      This strategy will not work here.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Agreed. He overbet the pot which leads me to believe TPTK. Someone who's protecting his hand.

Even with the completed draw, I'd still try another 2/3 - 3/4 pot sized bet and consider folding to a raise.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by woopstash
      Agreed. He overbet the pot which leads me to believe TPTK. Someone who's protecting his hand.

Even with the completed draw, I'd still try another 2/3 - 3/4 pot sized bet and consider folding to a raise.
      stupid question but what is TPTK on a AK board? :D
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar

:D Top Pair Top Kicker :f_love:

If you donk the flop and if they don't have anything, you "just" pickup the pot. Always better than to fold against a POSSIBLE flush ;)
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      AQ ;)
      ---------------------
      I guess he check/raised because he expected MP to be aggro with the FD, but i agree that a donkbet is definitely a good option although it's also a good spot to c/r because in a tight/passive live-game you can expect the openraiser to have top pair oftentimes so you should get more value by checkraising.

If you're not sure whether he's bluffcbetting or betting with TP or FD i'd just lead out, you'll usually get playoff from a TP anyways.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      AQ ;)
      LOL :f_biggrin: otherwise 2-pair
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      If I bet first on the flop I must bet something like 3-4RON (the pot is only 4RON) and MP and BB will only call, they never raise whatever they have. So on the turn the pot will be 16RON.
      After I c/r the pot is 82RON.
      I think in this situation it is better to c/r.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze

haha, touche, forgot that the K fell, thus making 2 pair...