Getting the most PS points - Which site?

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I started here by taking my $50 to Titan. I build it up to $200 and with drew $150 then i lost the last $50 (playing to high in order to get PS points). I never liked Titan.

I now want to make a new deposit of $50 -$75 and start again. My main aim is to get MAX SP POINTS. I want access to the higher articles and videos and the whole exercise will be to that end.

So this is my question which site is the best to earn SP-points ?

I will be playing 4 tables either cash or SNG depending on what is best
  • 9 replies
    • kodjakas
      kodjakas
      Bronze
      If i have understood correctly the SSS is the best way to earn points ( lot of rake(not everywhere) -> lot of points it doesnt matter where you play -> nad lot of PS poits
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      ty yes i know sss the best just included the others incase there are some exceptions.

BTW sites that i can not use:
      Betfair
      Party
      Pacific
      Pokerstars
      Titan
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mineriva
      Hi there,

I started here by taking my $50 to Titan. I build it up to $200 and with drew $150 then i lost the last $50 (playing to high in order to get PS points).
      I'm sorry if I sound rude and don't answer your question, but instead of trying to unlock better articles by playing too high stakes, maybe you should read the basic articles about BRM and actually follow the articles. You don't need more advanced thanbronze to beat NL4 BSS or NL25 SSS imo.

What do you think you will get by unlocking better strategy articles?

people on the low limits won't be able to appreciate the way you play if you play too advanced, therefore ABC poker is best, I'm guessing that's how you got to 200$ in the first place

EDIT: Pacific gives 4 SP/$rake, but you wrote you can't play there. I think it's pretty even among the other sites so just think of the software and the player base instead
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello Mineriva!

Here is a list of poker rooms that pokerstrategy can link you to and the number of strategy points you receive from each room. As you can see, Betfred and bet365 are the best for what you're looking for, but Mansion poker and Cake poker aren't bad either ;) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      @arisko you are not rude but as you may have guessed I am not exactly starting out. I have been playing a bit. I dont normally play NL10 (i played NL100 SSS to build up to the $200) but i am willing to do so to get the points and/or go back to basics and work @my poker on a more "academic" manner. What i want out of it? I play al lot of live poker SH NL600 and I want to use what i learn here there.

@Primzi ty i read those pages and also the pages in this forum showing the calculations here How to clear the 50$ + 100$ bonus (Updated 14th January 2010) before posting. I had a shortlist of 2 sites but did not want to mention it because i did not want to limit the resposes. As to the sites you refered the 1st 3 are on the ipoker network and rightly or wrongly i have taken an aversion to the network after my titan experience. I am VERY glad that you mentioned Cake because that was one of the two on my shortlist and quite frankly that was the site i was gravitating towards.

any more comments?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey again!

Yes, cake poker gives a nice amount of strategy points, as well as a nice rakeback. I do have to agree with Arisko here and I should add that the proper BRM for NL100 SSS is somewhere between $600-$1000. If you continue to refuse following bankroll management you will sooner or later go broke, and then even diamond articles won't help you :) . Please take this just as advice, well in the end you will be the one getting beaten by the variance ;) . Do realize that even if you are the best player in the world, your AA will still lose a certain amount of times and you have no effect on that, the variance is always there and we can only minimize it by using a proper bankroll management ;) .

Good luck at the tables!

Regards,

Primzi
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      ty primiz cake it is then
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      The strategy articles are written mainly for online poker. Of course, online poker and live poker is still the same game rulewise, but I don't think you can apply everything you learn in the strategy articles when playing live. There is a little section with around 5 articles all at basic PS level that you can read about live poker. I'm not sure how skilled you are or how much you've read, but instead I would suggest you pick up a book like maybe Super system (Doyle Brunson) or something that's more relevant to an actual live player.

GL with collecting points
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Currently the best site is Full Tilt assuming you are playing on a Rush Poker table. Two tabling is about 500 hands an hour and tons of FTP points. :D