Stacks:
      UTG ($45.10)
      UTG+1 ($51.20)
      CO ($62)
      BTN ($26.60)
      SB ($50.25)
      Hero ($50.75)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB Q:spade: Q:club:
      UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $3, UTG calls $2.50

Flop: 7:diamond: 4:spade: 8:heart: ($6.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

Turn: 5:diamond: ($14.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $11, UTG goes all-in $38.10, Hero folds

villain unknown
      c/c turn and re-evaluate river?
      c/c is better against agressive oponent, but againts unknown... i mean what worse hand can continue if we bet the turn? 99-JJ? Maybe i should consider c/f turn?
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hello =)

First of all, I think our flop bet should be a little bit bigger. He can give you so much action on that flop. I mean, imagine if he's got 99-JJ: he's gonna call ANY bet you make. Plus, there are many cards that could either give him the best hand OR kill the action. So extract most value now. I'd make it at the very least $5.

Now, what's his flop calling range? Is there anything that he calls flop and raises turn that you still beat? Let's go even further: if you check turn, is he ever gonna bet a hand that you beat?

We can probably still get 1 street of value from hands such as 99-JJ, BUT we don't have to bet turn, because he's gonna check these hands back a lot on this scary board. So I think the best play here is to c/f turn (unless he makes a very small bet like $3-$4. We can c/c such a bet) and if he checks back the turn, we can go for a thin value bet. We should make it really small though, so that he calls any pair. Something like $4 into a $14 pot.

Cheers