[NL20-NL50] NL50SH AA 3-bet pot deep

• koaesica
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP2 raises to $2.00, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $8.00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $6.00.

Flop: ($16.75) 5, 4, Q (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($16.75) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $10.00, MP2 calls $10.00.

River: ($36.75) Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $22.50,

Villain is a 18/13/1.3 over 275 hands. He seemed to be a bit passive (even though he's from Sweden!).

I'm a fish at playing deep stacked. Is pot controlling OK here? I was going to valuebet the turn/river. When he donks the ugly river I really think he's trying to get value when I would otherwise check back. Call or fold?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I think players are not that crazy that would c/r this board with AQ or air. But they would often c/c with Qx, sometimes even some lower pp-s.
      So I´d bet flop for value, if I get raised I´d likely call once and then decide if I want to call him down, shove over his turn bet or fold.
      betting turn is fine for value, but when he bets himself out on the river, he isn´t really doing that with 88 or Kx, since flushdraw got there, heś likely hand can be Qx which he is now betting for value, I think river is fold or shove.
      I doubt that he´d fold there too many times trips or flush then fold seems a little better option.