[NL2-NL10] NL5 KAo

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      MP1 seems weak-tight 6/0. I had only 11 hands on MP3 but they were 64/27.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.59
      BB:
      $10.67
      UTG1:
      $25.78
      UTG2:
      $4.80
      MP1:
      $4.73
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $12.86
      CO:
      $5.23
      BU(Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.45, MP3 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.57) 6, K, Q (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.35, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $1.35.

Turn: ($4.27) 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.80, MP3 raises to $3.60, Hero calls $1.35.

River: ($11.02) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.02.
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

I like your flop bet =) The size is pretty good. It's a 3w pot and it's kind of drawy, so we should go for max protection and value!

The turn is pretty ugly. He got there with a FD and with TJ, but he still calls us with KJ, KT, and maybe worse K's and a bunch of pair + draw. Because the stack:pot ratio is so small, I'd just shove directly on the turn. When he does call, we only need to be ahead about 28% of the time to make this a profitable move.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      There are quite a few other hands that beats hero in addition to the draws that were mention. Hero could already be beat on the flop

any set
      KG K9

mp3 has a double stack so without any read I would be carefull as could be a decent player or a fish that got lucky

a call is alright and I probably c/c or c/f the river depending on the bet size. Get to the river as cheap as possible and get a read on his range and what he is check raising with.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      There are quite a few other hands that beats hero in addition to the draws that were mention. Hero could already be beat on the flop

any set
      KG K9

mp3 has a double stack so without any read I would be carefull as could be a decent player or a fish that got lucky

a call is alright and I probably c/c or c/f the river depending on the bet size. Get to the river as cheap as possible and get a read on his range and what he is check raising with.
      That's true, there are other hands that beat us. Many of these hands will however, raise the flop, if not always, a good % of the time.

Checking back is an option, but I think we're missing value from many weak hands that will call turn. Also the river card could get pretty ugly and then we can't get value from worse hands anymore. Remember we'd be investing $3.15 in a total pot of $11. So we need to be ahead ~29% of the time. And that's not counting the money we make when he just folds to our turn shove.

We're not gonna get a read on what he's c/r with if we check back turn because he's not gonna c/r if we check back =)

Another thing to consider is that his is a 3b pot and many people will just play their draws aggressively on the flop in a 3b pot.