[NL2-NL10] Nl5 - Aa

• mdblee
      mdblee
      Bronze
      Hi,

Didn't know alot about my opponent as i'd only been at the table a short while. Feedback on my play is appreciated!

Thanks.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $7.32
      BB:
      $11.60
      MP2:
      $5.42
      MP3(Hero):
      $5.46
      CO:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, 3 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.36) Q, Q, 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.28, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.96.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi.

Yeah. Just better to call down in these spots.

Raising is counter productive since:

- You usually fold his worse hands.
      - You loose value from bluff's if he follows through on the turn and river.
      - You give him a chance to 3bet bluff you, since you can't continue without Qx, 88. It's hard for you to have these hands, and you wouldn't necessirly play them this way.

If he starts betting really small on the turn and river I'm more inclined to raise/fold at some point as it will quite often be a block bet with TT, 99 or w/e.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi.

Yeah. Just better to call down in these spots.

Raising is counter productive since:

- You usually fold his worse hands.
      - You loose value from bluff's if he follows through on the turn and river.
      - You give him a chance to 3bet bluff you, since you can't continue without Qx, 88. It's hard for you to have these hands, and you wouldn't necessirly play them this way.

If he starts betting really small on the turn and river I'm more inclined to raise/fold at some point as it will quite often be a block bet with TT, 99 or w/e.
      This. If you attempt a thin value raise on later streets make it small enough for him to make a crying call with worse hands, otherwise when you get called you'll be up against the same range than when you raise the flop.

I'd raise that flop if i had nothing :)

Hope it helps.