Button ($21.90)
      SB ($9.95)
      BB ($25.15)
      UTG ($8.40)
      UTG+1 ($15)
      MP1 ($8.10)
      MP2 ($20)
      Hero ($5)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:spade: .
      [color:#666666]2 folds[/color], MP1 calls $0.25, [color:#CC3333]MP2 raises to $0.5[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $2[/color], [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], SB calls $1.90, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.50) 6:heart: , 4:heart: , 5:diamond: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]SB bets $3[/color], MP2 folds, Hero calls $3 (All-In).

Turn: ($12.50) 2:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players, 1 all-in)[/color]

River: ($12.50) T:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players, 1 all-in)[/color]

Final Pot: $12.50

Stack size less than 1/2 pot size on flop, I basically have to call that bet into the big pot, right???

I'm in the middle of a frustrating run right now...I'm down 6 buy-ins from my high point (I know that's not a big downswing, but still frustrating.) Losing darn near every pot I'm in...or just buying the blinds when I do "win" (I think I've bought the blinds with AA two or three times, KK once or twice, and AK/AQ a few times in the last couple of days.) Doesn't matter whether I go in as a favorite, underdog, or coinflip. Just to name a few:

- Lost AK to QQ (all-in preflop)
      - A few hands later lost QQ to AK (all-in preflop)
      - Lost TT to a slowplaying AA (and there was another high pocket pair dealt that hand too I think...big multiway pot)
      - Lost KK to 33 (3 on the flop)
      - Lost QQ to AK (again...he bet into me on the low trash flop, I raised all-in, he hit a K on the river)
      - Lost AQ to 89 (I hit top pair on flop and he called my PSB with an OESD and hit on the turn)
      - Lost AQ to 97o! (He limped, called my pre-flop raise, then called my c-bet with his bottom pair of sevens that he hit on the flop...I didn't improve.)
      - Lost with Trip Ks to a flush (I was big blind with Kx)
      - The hand at the top of this thread was a loss with AKo to JJ

Just to add insult to injury, I was raised out of one hand preflop with 99 and another with 77...both hands were HUGE multiway (4 or 5 player) pots with lots of action and both hands would've been winners for me (I would've hit my set both times, and in both cases the winning hand was two pair.) One pot was something like 80BBs+ and the other was almost as big. Most of the above losses were pretty big pots as well.

There have been quite a few others...those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head. Variance...blech! Oh well, enough complaining...back to the grind ;)

Kknight
  • 4 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Try to stay focus and do not start to make Moves, you´re maybe in a little downswing, keep it up and be patient. ;)
      And if you can visit the two SSS Coachings this week (one tomorrow from 8 to 10 pm GMT+1 and on will be on saturday), which will be held by me.

And for the hand, you played correctly according to the strategy.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Thanks for the encouragement and feedback Berliner. I'll see if I can make the coachings. I don't think I've been making any moves...I do my best to stick to the strategy 100% both preflop and postflop.

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kknight!

That's what every poker player hates but it happens to everyone of them: the downswing. Try to stay calm, take a break, reread some articles, post your hands and visit the live coachings to improve your game. This way you avoid to play on tilt and lose even more money.

I also recommend to read this article: "Patience and long-term thinking"

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Good article...thanks for the encouragement Puschkin.

Thanks,
      Kknight