[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs

• amplifyd
      Only 20 hands on villian so not enough to be saying anything about the way he plays. I wasn't really sure of his check-raise here. On one hand it can represent trips/two pair but this board is pretty drawy and he can be doing it with AhXh or like QT or something.

If I decide my hand is good sometimes should I just shove to get value from when he has a draw?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      UTG2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) J, 8, K (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.50, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $5.24, BB calls $3.74.

Turn: ($11.1) 2 (2 players)

River: ($11.1) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.1.
  • 2 replies
    • thazar
      I always 3 bet preflop with AK suited or not. I also always fold to a 3bet with AK if I was not the original raiser otherwise depends on my read go broke is a possibility.

on the flop not you got TPTK and a draw heavy board I would bet raise for value and protection or go broke as you did.
    • MaestroOfZerg

You're not just calling the flop raise that's for sure, if you continue you're jamming it on the flop. I think it's fine at nl10.

That being said the better BB is, the less i see him check/raise 3-way against an UTG raiser and you on KJx, so i'm less and less thrilled to get it in that spot when BB looks like a regular tag, when i get a bad vibe i'll just bet/fold. Especially since you said you can't say anything after only 20 hands with him, the simple fact that you didn't notice anything means he's not screwing around and more on the ABC side.

Hope it helps.