Is it possible to get rich from 50$ ? :)

• RoniMizrachi
      Hey people

Some of you know maybe of a person that became rich from 50 or 100 dollars
      from playing poker on a regular basis ONLINE ?

what are the odds of someone to do that ? One in a Billion ?
      Possible ? Illusion ? Dream ?

• 35 replies
    • Atoks
      Anything is possible if one is prepared to do what it takes ... problem is 99,99% of people aren't capable of doing that.
    • z4tz
      As atoks say anything is possible. I have one or two friends that started with the 50$ and turned them into a big enough BR to live of it nowdays and one of them bought a house partially with the pokermoney so it sure is possible, but its a lot of hard work :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      Ever heared of Durrrr?
    • Alan883
      Just hard work and learning.

To get first thousand of dollars is pretty easy then u are facing problems becouse other players getting better and beter.

I went to first thousand easily now i am here for about half a year because i am not good to move forward i think:) ))
    • cojonel
      have a friend from 100$ in one year and half aproximatly to 20k ....tourneys cash improving etc ....
    • redskwerl
      what is your definition of rich?
    • badpinguin
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      what is your definition of rich?

1 million euro should do it.. for me personally that is :f_biggrin:
    • MightyQuin007
      It is possible, but it takes a specific mentality to do. Just a few characteristics that come to mind:

1. Don't be greedy. This means pay attention to proper bankroll management.
      2. Be patient (sort of goes with point 1)
      3. Don't take things personally (Bad beats happen to good players).
      4. Don't look at things in the short run, although the short run my seem a lot longer than you thought.
      5. Never doubt yourself.
    • dandycal
      Originally posted by RoniMizrachi
      Hey people
      RE: Is it possible to get rich from 50$ ?
      Yes :s_cool:
    • thepowerplay
      Possible, but don't count on it happening any time soon. I think that's a pretty bad mindset for a beginning, amateur, or low stakes player to get into. It's like someone who's morbidly obese thinking if it's possible to become one of the top 10 sexiest people in the world, when what they really need to focus on is losing a few pounds first.

Same with poker: a very small percentage ride to riches on poker, but the vast majority come nowhere close to that... myself definitely included. I would focus on playing a good game, turning a profit at whatever stake you are playing, and finding some joy in that. When I play a $2 SNG, I'm not thrilled about winning $10... I'm thrilled about winning 1st place. At these levels, poker should really be viewed as recreation (although to be taken seriously and with passion), and not some future early retirement plan. If it happens, that's great... but don't waste time deluding yourself that because it's possible that means it's inevitable.

By the way... that's great to hear stories about people building up to $20,000 etc. I'm a long way from achieving anything like that, and I'd really love to do it! But a reality check there too... $20,000 is half what I make in a year at my job, and I'm living a pretty lower middle class lifestyle here in Vancouver. It's a great achievement to make that much in poker, but even then you're nowhere close to rich. You couldn't quit your job unless you were turning that dollar figure over 3 or 4 times a year consistently.
    • Scarmaker
      It definately is possible. I do not fall into that "rich" category but I am pretty proud of what I have accomplished so far. Almost exactly year ago, I made a deposit of 27$ and ended up winning about 1600€ last year (2500$). I know it isn't THAT much, but for a student for who 27$ was 1/4 of all my money at that time it is something I am really really proud of. I have also a lot of plans into the future, so I really hope that this year will be even more succesful.
    • ihufa
    • Kruppe
      how can you be rich with $50? especially if you pay rake
      $50 isn'T rich
    • andreibalint
      yeah you can play a wsop satellite with 50$ entry go to wsop and win!

The non-advertised-on-tv-for-stupid-people-method is already described in this discussion.

My opinion is that you definatelly can make enough money to quit an average job. Further than that i don't know...

There are players making +5k but i don't know if it's only hard work or it has something to do with talent.

By the way, do you think "talent" exists in a poker player? You're parents are not poker players so you don't have their talent, and the nature doesn't think "should he sing well? noo, let him play good NLHE".
    • Targetme
      im certainly on my way
    • opal99
      easily.. you just have to do something to get there..
    • DaPhunk
      Its possible, but "rich" to me, means you fit into that segment of the population that earns over £90-100k a year. You have to be exceedingly good to do that.
    • RoniMizrachi
      I will tell you what is my problem...
      I play low stakes, make from 50$ like 300$

then.. I play big stakes, put all my money on one table get some idiot to push all in with jacks while i have kings, and get suck out on the flop...

I always climb, and always get suck out ALWAYS....

I'm getting very dissapointed from the internet and beginning to think that its not real
    • DarthBobo
      that's just unlucky.
      what site are you playing on? Especially Full Tilt is rigged.