Such a pity...Badbeat

• GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      I had suh a badbeat in this and just by the same rank...

BlutterFlookies BB: $0.10 (4) Check (6)
      Raise-To $0.30 (11)
      Call: $0.10 (14) Check (16)
      Call: $0.10 (19) Check (21)
      Call: $0.20 (24) Bet: $0.20 (26)

I had two pair 10s and 2s, and the other had Ks and 2s. And above is how I raise and lost.
  • 10 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Erm it might be just me but I don't understand a word of what you just wrote apart from the last sentence :( . Could you explain this a bit please?

Primzi
    • GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      I just posted my betting pattern on that particular hand where i got a bad beat...
    • GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34nilmv&s=6

the link will give you the hand i played.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Right now I am too tired to go into details but this is not a bad beat just a badly played hand from posting the BB to river.
    • GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      well if its a bad hand, how do you think we could play it in this case?

hope you can find some time to explain
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

First of all, we either raise or fold after 1 limper, and in this case we of course raise and then call a 3-bet since the hand is to weak to cap it. I think that then we can also just c/f the flop because we don't beat enough hands that 3-bet us preflop and we only have 2 backdoor draws which aren't strong and additional outs for a set which gives AQ a straight though so it's not clean either. It's also a 3-way pot and I just don't see you ahead often enough to make a profitable calldown. Alright now we go to your line... on the flop we again have now an even easier check/fold as we only beat AQ from the standard cappinh range and not call flop and turn, and if you think that by donk betting river when a couple of deuces showed up and you called a preflop cap is going to throw a better hand out, well, it won't ;) . And again it is a 3-way pot and your chances of winning it with a bluff are slim. As for the bad beat, there is no bad beat here.

I suggest following the starting hand charts, reading some articles, attending some coachings, watching some videos and posting hands in the hand evaluation section in order to improve your game :) . And don't forget about bankroll management, it really is important!

Regards,

Primzi
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Primzi did a good job and I only want to add 2 comments:

1. Never post the blinds at a SH table out of position. :f_mad: If you do this a lot over a year you´ll end up wasting a lot of money and in FL its all about saving bets.

2. I have no idea what or how long you played before coming here(PS) but I would stick to FR tables right now and really concentrate on solid preflop and flop skills. I know SH is faster and more fun but to do well in SH you need good skillz or great run of luck. Playing only FR for a while will give you the time to improve your game and not put so much stress on your bankroll. By learning the from the ground up, you´ll be 1 hard ass SH player in the future. :f_cool:
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Just to add to my predecessors good advice, if you or perhaps I should say when you get bored playing FR, try opening another table(s).

I have found this a great help, and stops be from boredom based tilt.
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      2 pear vs higher two pear is none close to badbeat, I have lots of such "bad beats" every day. If u're gonna think those are bad beats poker will be a sourse of endless disappointment for you. When my JJJJ was beaten by KKKK I was really happy: WOW, finally a real nice bad beat!
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by corsc
      Just to add to my predecessors good advice, if you or perhaps I should say when you get bored playing FR, try opening another table(s).

I have found this a great help, and stops be from boredom based tilt.
      When I'm playing less than 16 tables I'm bored like hell (n-n)