This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Such a pity...Badbeat

• GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      I had suh a badbeat in this and just by the same rank...

BlutterFlookies BB: $0.10 (4) Check (6)
      Raise-To $0.30 (11)
      Call: $0.10 (14) Check (16)
      Call: $0.10 (19) Check (21)
      Call: $0.20 (24) Bet: $0.20 (26)

I had two pair 10s and 2s, and the other had Ks and 2s. And above is how I raise and lost.
  • 10 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Erm it might be just me but I don't understand a word of what you just wrote apart from the last sentence :( . Could you explain this a bit please?

Primzi
    • GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      I just posted my betting pattern on that particular hand where i got a bad beat...
    • GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34nilmv&s=6

the link will give you the hand i played.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Right now I am too tired to go into details but this is not a bad beat just a badly played hand from posting the BB to river.
    • GrumpyD
      GrumpyD
      Bronze
      well if its a bad hand, how do you think we could play it in this case?

hope you can find some time to explain
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

First of all, we either raise or fold after 1 limper, and in this case we of course raise and then call a 3-bet since the hand is to weak to cap it. I think that then we can also just c/f the flop because we don't beat enough hands that 3-bet us preflop and we only have 2 backdoor draws which aren't strong and additional outs for a set which gives AQ a straight though so it's not clean either. It's also a 3-way pot and I just don't see you ahead often enough to make a profitable calldown. Alright now we go to your line... on the flop we again have now an even easier check/fold as we only beat AQ from the standard cappinh range and not call flop and turn, and if you think that by donk betting river when a couple of deuces showed up and you called a preflop cap is going to throw a better hand out, well, it won't ;) . And again it is a 3-way pot and your chances of winning it with a bluff are slim. As for the bad beat, there is no bad beat here.

I suggest following the starting hand charts, reading some articles, attending some coachings, watching some videos and posting hands in the hand evaluation section in order to improve your game :) . And don't forget about bankroll management, it really is important!

Regards,

Primzi
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Primzi did a good job and I only want to add 2 comments:

1. Never post the blinds at a SH table out of position. :f_mad: If you do this a lot over a year you´ll end up wasting a lot of money and in FL its all about saving bets.

2. I have no idea what or how long you played before coming here(PS) but I would stick to FR tables right now and really concentrate on solid preflop and flop skills. I know SH is faster and more fun but to do well in SH you need good skillz or great run of luck. Playing only FR for a while will give you the time to improve your game and not put so much stress on your bankroll. By learning the from the ground up, you´ll be 1 hard ass SH player in the future. :f_cool:
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Just to add to my predecessors good advice, if you or perhaps I should say when you get bored playing FR, try opening another table(s).

I have found this a great help, and stops be from boredom based tilt.
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      2 pear vs higher two pear is none close to badbeat, I have lots of such "bad beats" every day. If u're gonna think those are bad beats poker will be a sourse of endless disappointment for you. When my JJJJ was beaten by KKKK I was really happy: WOW, finally a real nice bad beat!
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by corsc
      Just to add to my predecessors good advice, if you or perhaps I should say when you get bored playing FR, try opening another table(s).

I have found this a great help, and stops be from boredom based tilt.
      When I'm playing less than 16 tables I'm bored like hell (n-n)