[NL2-NL10] didn't have idea what to do..

• RoundMidnight
      RoundMidnight
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $12,15
      Hero:
      $13,97
      BU:
      $10,19

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB raises to $0,40, Hero calls $0,30, BU folds.

Flop: ($0,90) J:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,65, Hero calls $0,65.

Turn: ($2,20) K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,80, Hero calls $1,80.

River: ($5,80) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4,80, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $10,60
  • 5 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      first of all with AJs I would have reraised in BB as it looked like a blind steal more over you are IP if the BB does not call and OOP if he does so a squeeze is in order. By calling you do not get any info

on the turn even though you get a suited board I probably still would have raised the player once with TPTK and then folded to any resistance.

The stats you have are not really representative since you have only 56 hands but from what you have the villain seems a bit loose. Did you have any additional read?
    • RoundMidnight
      RoundMidnight
      Bronze
      well i didn't like to reraise with hands like AJ or KQ preflop vs tags cause it's like turning made hand into a bluff because i should fold to a 4 bet which i won't to do with such a hand,and AJs plays well postflop + i have position so decided just to call.well and your idea to raise /fold on the flop seems good option.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RoundMidnight
      well i didn't like to reraise with hands like AJ or KQ preflop vs tags cause it's like turning made hand into a bluff because i should fold to a 4 bet which i won't to do with such a hand,and AJs plays well postflop + i have position so decided just to call.well and your idea to raise /fold on the flop seems good option.
      You are only in position if the button folds, at the moment he is still in the game. By calling you give him good pot odds to call with a pocket pair or suited connectors by 3betting you don't.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi.

Preflop is a call. Don't know why you want to raise and isolate yourself against the tag with a potentially dominated hand. AJs plays really well HU in position. And also really well multiway with a fish. 3betting isn't terrible or anything since most of the time you'll just take the dead money pre or on the flop. But calling is better. I would 3bet with stuff like 57s sometimes as a bluff. If a fish is the one raising from the SB, AJs becomes more of a 3bet, but calling is still fine.

Playing the same way flop turn river. Really not a fan of raising for information in general. You could raise flop for value, but I don't expect SB to give you much action with worse hands. He has to put you on a lot of pure bluffs to make hero calls with weak Jx. Also his range should be kind of tight isolating out of position.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Having position on SB I don't mind Calling preflop, otherwise postflop is pretty well played, I don't expect to be a head of his hand with what he is betting out 3 times. Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu