Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3,15
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6:club: , 6:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, SB calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) 2:spade: , Q:heart: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,70, SB calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,30) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,40, Hero raises to $2,90, SB raises to $2,05 (All-In).

River: ($7,25) 7:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and sixes (6c 6d)
      SB shows two pairs, kings and queens (Ks Kc)

SB wins with two pairs, kings and queens (Ks Kc)
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      you did not hit the flop and could have cbet a bit lighter on such a flop 1/2 pot would have been enough.

Once called on the flop I would simple c/f afterward unless you hit the set which you did not.
    • RoundMidnight
      RoundMidnight
      Bronze
      The problem here was that the villain was very spewy and loose and i thought that i m very often ahead on the flop..
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      what i mean by the size of your bet is if the flop is not draw heavy bet little like 1/2 pot. you have a hand (or pretend to have one) if you are betting for value you are more likely to be followed if your bet is not too high. the important thing is not to make the pot any bigger if you do not have a hand. i tned to bet exactly the same with what ever I hold in my hand. What change the size of my bet is the wetness of the board.

how many people are still involved and if I have a read their tendency to call / fold affect whether I will bet or not.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Flop bet is okay if you think he'll float with a lot of unpaired cards, however as thazar outlined you'll end up in tougher spots on later street by bloating the pot right from the begining. Since 66 isn't that strong and even if it's ahead it'll get outdrawn like 25% of the time by the river, nothing wrong with making a smaller valuebet against a spewy guy to prevent tough spots on the turn.

As played i'd call the turn because it's cheap and possibly call the river if he's really spewy, otherwise it's probably a fold since him having the A isn't at all out of question.

Hope it helps.