[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR JJ versus 3bet and caller.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $31.07
      MP: $12.89
      CO: $21.87
      BTN: $35.64
      SB: $25.10
      BB: $43.62
      Hero (UTG): $63.46

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with J :spade: J :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, CO raises to $2.60, BTN calls $2.60, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.85

Flop: ($8.15) A :heart: 2 :diamond: A :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($8.15) 2 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.25, BTN folds, Hero folds

3bettor CO is 14/9 on 291 hand, BTN caller is 30/11 on 60 hands.

I give CO range of AK, KK or QQ for this line all wanting to get value out of lower pocketpairs.

IncidentallyThe preflop calling range I assign to BTN can be anything from purely JJ or TT+ with AK to including all PocketPairs as well playing for a set.

Do you all agree with my analysis?
  • 6 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey, sup!

You forgot to mention AA =P

Yeah, I agree that the CO's range should be [QQ+,AK] at its loosest. I mean, he's 3betting a UTG raiser. I think a really tight player might often flat QQ and AK here.

BTN's range will depend a lot on what kind of a player he is. He seems pretty bad, and therefore I think you might actually include stuff like AQ, KQ and who knows maybe even worse.

And I totally agree with calling here, for setmining only, because we have pretty good implied odds, since we're deep with the fish. It does suck that we're OOP against both of them. But, playing a set OOP against a fish isn't really that hard.

Cheers
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hi!

How long have you been a Pro handjudge? Pretty cool stuff.

If I remember correctly you play NL100 SH at the moment and even got some coaching from TwiceT?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah, that's right =) I'm not a pro hand judge though =P Just a volunteer one. Pro hands judge get a "Profession Hand Judge" in their avatar :D
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      lol, I didn't realise there was a difference still :D
    • herekPL
      herekPL
      Bronze
      I think CO missed this flop and is afraid of Ax , because he's not CB flop.
      I 'd try to bluff bet turn after his passivity on flop
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think bluffing here might be dangerous, because he's gonna be on KK or QQ most probably. Not counting that he could easily slowplay AK for example, as he can easily put the money in through 2 streets only.

There's also the passive fish, who might play Ax passively.

If we want to get the CO off KK or QQ, we'd have to risk our whole stack. If both players call us, we're gonna be in a really awkward situation, because we're gonna risk a lot of money to get CO to fold, but still we're gonna have some money left with the fish.

There's one thing to consider though: does this player 3b AK pre-flop vs UTG raiser? Some players will just flat AK. And in that case, bluffing gets a lot more profitable. If we're sure he can fold KK in this spot, we can go for a turn and river barrel. We should make the river barrel as big as possible. So I'd go for $4 on the turn and ship river