[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR against two mega-fish and 1 shortstack.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      This hand is quite read-dependant obviously.

Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $5.00
      BB: $90.58
      UTG: $44.49
      UTG+1: $30.05
      UTG+2: $4.65
      Hero (MP1): $28.61
      MP2: $25.00
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $21.74

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP1 with K :spade: T :spade:
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, CO raises to $5, 3 folds, UTG calls $4.75, UTG+1 calls $4.50, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($20.35) J :diamond: 9 :diamond: 3 :club: (4 players)
      UTG bets $1.25, UTG+1 raises to $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, UTG calls $2.25

Turn: ($30.85) K :heart: (4 players)
      UTG bets $1.00, UTG+1 calls $1, Hero raises to $20.11, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $19.11

River: ($72.07) J :spade: (3 players)

UTG is 94/25 (50 hands) whale who minibets every street. He bets bigger with a top pair and will play minibet/call flop and/or turn and minibet fold the net street with 85% of his holdings.

UTG+1 is a 79/21 Whale on 39 hands. He is very aggressive for how loose he is AND is a calling station capable of taking bottom pair to showdown in massive pots. He is capable of playing Check/Call 3 streets with Top Pair.

CO is unfortunately just a standard Shortstacker.

Preflop I have to call despite being somewhat of a dog to CO's range, I just have such good implieds versus the fish, then on flop I have to call the minibet again because If I hit a K or even a T I am likely good and again I have huge implieds/pot odds.

On the turn I simply opt to ship it in, I think UTG is unlikely to call this, but I'm not likely to get very much more money out of him on river anyway. UTG+1 on the other has shown in the past he is capable of calling down with any pair so I like the shove.

End result - I suck out the Short Stack and I stack one of the mega-fish = me happy. I include the result more as a brag than anything else :p

I do not see anything wrong with my play here, but if one of you disagree, please post and explain why.

Final Pot: $72.07
      UTG+1 shows 9 :spade: A :heart:
      Hero shows K :spade: T :spade:
      CO shows Q :diamond: Q :spade:
      Hero wins $49.73
      Hero wins $19.34
      (Rake: $3.00)
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

I like your play. 3betting for value preflop is pretty standard against this fish. I wouldn't mind making it bigger though, maybe even $3.
      When the shorties shoves, you just can't fold anymore as you're gettin some ridiculous odds.

Easy call on flop because you're almost gettting direct odds to go for your gutshot. And that's not counting your implieds + the rest of the equity you have for hitting top pair or maybe even 2nd pair. When you hit the K, I love the shove, because like you said, these fish simply won't fold any pair anymore.

NH sir!
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks, Hand felt so nice afterwards I thought I just had to post it :P