[NL2-NL10] nl25 SSS: freeplay en limp for bu, hit top pair middle kicker

• henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      1)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $5,52
      BU:
      $35,14
      Hero:
      $5

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , K:spade:
      4 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU calls $0,25, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,85) 2:diamond: , 5:diamond: , K:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,75, CO folds, BU calls $0,75.

Turn: ($2,35) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BU calls $2,00.

River: ($6,35) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2 (All-In), BU calls $2,00.

Final Pot: $10,35

slow it down on the turn?

2)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $18,02
      SB:
      $18,84
      Hero:
      $5,36
      MP1:
      $6,69
      BB:
      $5

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , T:heart:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, Hero calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,25) T:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 8:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $3, 4 folds.

Final Pot: $4,25

call this overbet?
  • 4 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Definitely slow down in hand 1 (and not just because the flush arrived), and bet less on the flop ($0.60 should be plenty, fold to any aggression). Do bet the turn because the Qd is a scare card, but make it a blocking bet of at most $1.30 ($1 if you'd bet $0.60 on the flop). On the river check and hope your opponent has the good sense to check behind any hand with showdown value. If you're going to overplay it like that, check/folding the flop would've been better. (Against many opponents, you want to do that regardless with top pair weak kicker out of position, it's a reverse implied odds situation and there's very little value there in the first place.)

There's no question in the second hand, although you've got position your weak top pair can't figure to have much equity.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1) Depending on the action I will play c/c or c/f on the flop. This may seem weak but it seems to work for me. The problem with playing OOP is that you have little control of the pot and too often end up winning a little or losing a lot.

As played definitely check the turn and hope for a cheap SD. I'd probably play c/f to a decent size bet.

2)NH, but if villain is bad enough and I have been paying attention then I sometimes make the hero call. 98% fold though.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      Easy check/fold here on the flop, you do not have at least Top Pair with Ace or King as Kicker, so your hand is to weak to invest money here, especially on that draw heavy board (Flush- and Straightdraw possible and a better Kings beats you as well).

So even like you played, only bet $0.50 on the flop and if both players fold ok (in 95% of the time the other shortstack will fold), otherwise you´re done with that hand unless to hit Two Pair or Trips on the turn and it´s not a diamond.

Hand 2.)
      Fold Preflop, you only waste money with these kind of hands. You might could limp if 7 other players limped in as well in front of you and you have T9s, otherwise - EASY FOLD!!! ;)
    • henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      thanks for the feedback.

i think i will stop limping like that