[NL20-NL50] Nl 25 Sh Ak

• Ensyfer
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Villain: 14/9/1.3/WTSD 22/ 77 hands

Turn: Would you 2nd barrel here? His range is pretty tight and if i have a valuebet agains a K or a T is debatable. Nevertheless i decided to 2nd barrel.

River: I still might be good so i make blockbet to get to a showdown for a great price. Not sure what to do when he minraises? Odds are really great, but then on other side its not likely he will do that with only a K or T. Opinions?

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BU calls $0.75, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.85) K, T, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.85) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, BU calls $3.25.

River: ($11.35) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, BU raises to $7.75, Hero calls $4.50.

Final Pot: $26.85.

Villain: 14/9/1.3/WTSD 22/ 77 hands
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII

I guess villain generate the maximum value out of your hand.
      My guess is QJs.
      Preflop: I'd open with 4BB.
      Flop: Bet 1,75$ due to drawy board.
      Turn: Check/call once and reevaluate river or maybe even check/fold against that kind of villain AND because of oop.
      River: If you blockbet then you have to fold to a raise no matter how high it is. Otherwise it's not a blockbet!

Best regards,
    • caltabiano
      Hey guys

Something to note on this hand is that villains calling range has sd value 90% of the time here. Any broadway hand hit this board. ANY!

Other than that there are suited A's for the flush draw, but this villain is so tight, I don't think he's calling suited A's pre.

I agree with Anin on the oR size pre-flop.

On the flop, it's an easy cbet. And indeed make it big. Don't make it less than $1.5, but I'd probably go a bit higher.
      I think c/c the turn is a problem because he never bets a weaker made hand. I mean, is he gonna be betting KJ for value here? I think he might check it back a lot, because he seems super nitty and passive and the board looks pretty scary. He could bet it, but it's a lot more likely that he'll call a bet than to bet himself. Besides KJ, there's JT which will call a bet but take the free card if given the opportunity.

If you count the combos, you'll see that there are a lot more combos that beat you on that turn than combos that you beat. However, the fact the he just flatter the cb makes it less likely he has something like KQ or QT. So I'm more inclined to think he doesn't have a monster all that often (although he still has it pretty often, especially AJ IMO).

I think we must choose between c/f turn or bet turn and c/f river. The reason for c/f river is that like I said in the beginning, many hands will have some sort of sd value and there's not much he will be turning into a bluff in such a spot.

I'd go for a 2nd barrel also, but I think we can safely c/f river. He'll just check back any hand that we beat.
      Another option is a block bet like you did it yourself. I'd make it smaller though, like $2 - $2.5 and then fold to a raise.