This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Fr: Kk

• Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($303.25)
      UTG+1 ($53.65)
      MP1 ($39.50)
      MP2 ($42.10)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($95.20)
      BTN ($42)
      SB ($75.75)
      BB ($36.55)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 9 players) Hero is MP3 K:spade: K:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, 4 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: 8:spade: 10:club: 5:spade: ($9.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: 7:heart: ($21.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $14, Hero calls $14

River: 8:diamond: ($49.75, 2 players)
      UTG goes all-in $278.75, Hero goes all-in $25.50

I'm fish in NLHE, so teach me :f_p: Should I consider folding this on any street? No reads on villain.
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

depends on the villain.
      But considering this drawy flop, I'd just reraise his donk to 19$ and call a shove. If he has a set or AA it's just a cooler.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

depends on the villain.
      But considering this drawy flop, I'd just reraise his donk to 19$ and call a shove. If he has a set or AA it's just a cooler.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
      This.

Just raise it and put the monies in! Seeing the turn can be disastrous for a couple of reasons:

- He could have a bunch of draws that will gladly put a stack in on the flop, but not on the turn. Not counting that you're giving him a cheap turn card to draw out on you.
      - He could have something like AT which will get scared on many turn cards and might be less willing to put money in

I'd just make it something like $25 - $26 and snap a shove.

As a general rule: 3b pot + 100bb deep + strong overpair = nuts!

But I understand you... you were probably afraid that he could have one of those "set + 2 pair + FD + OESD + overpair + back door royal flush" that you see so often in PLO right? :f_biggrin:

Oh yeah, I just rememebered another cool thing to consider. If villain is a fish, he'll be superwilling to put money in with very marginal holdings, because he has a huge stack. Fish are a lot more willing to spend they're money when they have a lot spare ;)
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      But I understand you... you were probably afraid that he could have one of those "set + 2 pair + FD + OESD + overpair + back door royal flush" that you see so often in PLO right?

Haha, that's exactly my thinking :f_p: Major leak.

Thank you for the input, both, very nice insights, I need to alter my thinking. Very good advice.
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Having 6 BI at the table its either been a very lucky session or prob in my opinion a loose agressive character pushing the table around, I would def try getting the money in here on the flop.