MP2 ($42.10)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($95.20)
      BTN ($42)
      SB ($75.75)
      BB ($36.55)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 9 players) Hero is MP3 K:spade: K:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.50, 4 folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: 8:spade: 10:club: 5:spade: ($9.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: 7:heart: ($21.75, 2 players)
      UTG bets $14, Hero calls $14

River: 8:diamond: ($49.75, 2 players)
      UTG goes all-in $278.75, Hero goes all-in $25.50

I'm fish in NLHE, so teach me :f_p: Should I consider folding this on any street? No reads on villain.
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

depends on the villain.
      But considering this drawy flop, I'd just reraise his donk to 19$ and call a shove. If he has a set or AA it's just a cooler.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

depends on the villain.
      But considering this drawy flop, I'd just reraise his donk to 19$ and call a shove. If he has a set or AA it's just a cooler.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
      This.

Just raise it and put the monies in! Seeing the turn can be disastrous for a couple of reasons:

- He could have a bunch of draws that will gladly put a stack in on the flop, but not on the turn. Not counting that you're giving him a cheap turn card to draw out on you.
      - He could have something like AT which will get scared on many turn cards and might be less willing to put money in

I'd just make it something like $25 - $26 and snap a shove.

As a general rule: 3b pot + 100bb deep + strong overpair = nuts!

But I understand you... you were probably afraid that he could have one of those "set + 2 pair + FD + OESD + overpair + back door royal flush" that you see so often in PLO right? :f_biggrin:

Oh yeah, I just rememebered another cool thing to consider. If villain is a fish, he'll be superwilling to put money in with very marginal holdings, because he has a huge stack. Fish are a lot more willing to spend they're money when they have a lot spare ;)
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      But I understand you... you were probably afraid that he could have one of those "set + 2 pair + FD + OESD + overpair + back door royal flush" that you see so often in PLO right?

Haha, that's exactly my thinking :f_p: Major leak.

Thank you for the input, both, very nice insights, I need to alter my thinking. Very good advice.
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Having 6 BI at the table its either been a very lucky session or prob in my opinion a loose agressive character pushing the table around, I would def try getting the money in here on the flop.