[NL2-NL10] Nl2 AK

• Bubalus
      How should I play after a double-up? Should I still push all-in after a re-raise? I think I played the hand scared and became sceptic that the villain might have a pair. I was afraid of not hitting the board and loosing my money. I also didn` want to coinflip. Bad mindset and approach?

I am grateful that it was NL2 this time and lessons learned won`t hurt my small BR so much.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP2 raises to $0.16, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.35) 4, 2, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

River: ($0.47) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, MP2 raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.31, MP2 calls $0.09.

Final Pot: $1.53.
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      Hey Bubalus,

with double stack things get a bit harder, but you can still play all the hands that are in the SHC.

Here I just go all-in with AK preflop, because playing out of position and without the initiative is just horrible and I also find AK too strong to give up to a 3-bet. So, 4-betting is the only option left and even with double stack only a direct push makes sense because any other bet commits you.

As played, I just fold to turn bet.

About the mindset, flipping with AK is really not what you are looking for, but you have to know that you are way ahead if villain holds a hand like AQ and on the other hand coinflip is actually +EV for you because of the money already on the table. And if you give up here because you don't want a flip you give the money on the table to the opponent for free.

• Bubalus
      Thank you very much! And I agree I played this hand awfully.