polarised/ polarized ?

    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2010 Posts: 67
      :rolleyes: Hi,

      Can anyone enlighten me on what A B C poker is exactly ?

      i was watching a video of a pro and he mentioned C bet ?

      What is C bet ?(

      Also i was reading blogs from the forum and someone mentioned
      A B C poker

      What is A B C poker :D

      :f_cool:

      Have a GR8 1 ;)
  • 11 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2008 Posts: 1,941
      What is ABC poker?
      An ABC player plays systematical, albeit predictable poker. By the book and by the numbers. ABC poker is a profitable low stakes style of play, but more experienced players at higher stakes can and will take advantage of it.


      CBet is continuation bet. When u bet preflop and get called u bet on flop again. This is continuation bet.

      Hope i answer your question.

      BTW: Everything is written here in the basic articles so u will learn all that staff easily here on that great site PokerStrategy:) )
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.05.2008 Posts: 544
      As I understand things ABC poker means playinga very basic style, "By the book" as they say. This means playing primarily premium hands, betting when you have it and not betting when you don't. Bluffing rarely if at all and not trying any flashy moves, just keeping everything basic and simple.

      This sort of poker is probably the best way to play if you are new to the game, particularly at micro-stakes (less than NL100).

      The c-bet that the pro mentioned is simply a "continuation" bet (C = continuation). This is a bet made on the flop by the player who raised the pot pre flop, and is so called because the player is "continuing" his pre-flop agressive posture by betting the flop.

      This may notbe the best explanation ever but it is my understanding of the terms.

      Hope this helps
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Hello 1z2x3y!

      Taken from the pokerstrategy glossary:

      ABC Poker is a relatively diffused term for a standardised, schoolbook way of playing poker with reduced focus on opponents and on particular situations. ABC poker does not mean that somebody plays badly, just that he is transparent due to his plain and repetitive style of play and can hardly expect to play on higher limits.
      If a player bets in an earlier round and then bets again in the current one, this is called a continuation bet since it continues the aggression from the previous round. A typical continuation bet situation is when a player raises in the first round and is called by another player and then bets again after the flop, often as a bluff when having nothing at all.
      If you have troubles understanding some poker terms, the glossary explains them very well :) .

      Regards,

      Primzi
    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2010 Posts: 67
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Hello 1z2x3y!

      Taken from the pokerstrategy glossary:

      ABC Poker is a relatively diffused term for a standardised, schoolbook way of playing poker with reduced focus on opponents and on particular situations. ABC poker does not mean that somebody plays badly, just that he is transparent due to his plain and repetitive style of play and can hardly expect to play on higher limits.
      If a player bets in an earlier round and then bets again in the current one, this is called a continuation bet since it continues the aggression from the previous round. A typical continuation bet situation is when a player raises in the first round and is called by another player and then bets again after the flop, often as a bluff when having nothing at all.
      If you have troubles understanding some poker terms, the glossary explains them very well :) .

      Regards,

      Primzi
      Thx poker people, :D NICE 1 :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

      All the above is understood, sweet stuff

      Last question,thou please !

      What is meant by polarised/ polarized ?
      it's not in the gloosary ? :s_cool:
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.12.2009 Posts: 1,186
      Polarised means two things that are opposite...

      In what context was it used ?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.10.2008 Posts: 1,711
      I think in the poker context, if someone mentions a 'polarized range' for instance, it means that is contains 2 extremes. So a polarised range would be made of pure bluff and very strong made hands.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      in poker there are 3 kinds of bets. A-bets, B-bets and C-bets. When u play ABC poker ur using all these bets at the right moments.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Joined: 17.10.2008 Posts: 1,107
      Originally posted by ihufa
      in poker there are 3 kinds of bets. A-bets, B-bets and C-bets. When u play ABC poker ur using all these bets at the right moments.

      hahaha
      you are a horrible horrible person
    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2010 Posts: 67
      Originally posted by ihufa
      in poker there are 3 kinds of bets. A-bets, B-bets and C-bets. When u play ABC poker ur using all these bets at the right moments.
      Nice 1 ihufa,
      LMAO
      :D

      u must be the joker in the pack lol
    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2010 Posts: 67
      Originally posted by nibbana
      Polarised means two things that are opposite...

      In what context was it used ?
      In dandycal post above is in what context i was meaning !

      Thx for the reply
    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2010 Posts: 67
      Originally posted by dandycal
      I think in the poker context, if someone mentions a 'polarized range' for instance, it means that is contains 2 extremes. So a polarised range would be made of pure bluff and very strong made hands.
      :D Cheers dandycal

      awesome reply

      Best of luck 2 u at the tables, Opps i mean hard work :tongue:

      Hey cool blog of yours and ya bro

      Keep up the positivity, it's the way forward :s_biggrin:

      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: