Excel Software to Help Play SSS

• Hector7
      Hector7
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have recently joined the site and I like the theory very much. I have played quite a few times now using the SSS. One thing I noticed was that particularly for beginners, it can be quite difficult to follow all the rules of the SSS in quick enough time to act correctly at certain stages of the hands.
      So, I had a play around with Excel and I have devised what I think is a tool that will help cover all eventualities of the SSS. It works with Macros and by selecting the relevant buttons, it takes you along the correct route according to the SSS. I have put it on my website if anyone wants to have a look and try it out.

http://iancanhelp.50webs.com/SSSPOKER2.xls

The main things to note are as follows.

1. There is a Help! page to explain how it works (Click the button on the right that says "Help!"

2. Always return to the front page and reset whenever your stack changes or you progress off the front page (ie you don't just FOLD).

3. When you reach a screen with a GREEN box on it you will need to input some information (only like number of callers or minimum amount to raise etc.)

Please remember that I have just done this as a bit of a test, if you notice anything that does not work, or you can suggest any additions, please let me know.

Regards,

Ian.
  • 1 reply
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Actually playing precisely by a system is inadvisable, the SSS is just a starting point. You are meant to think about your play and your opponents' play and make reasoned decisions based on what you see, otherwise you will never become a better player, just a very marginal or losing bot.