Clearing the bonus (New Year)

• heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      I am a bit desperate, qualified for the full bonus (150$) but now I am about 130$ down and have only 650/3000VPP cleared.
      Is there anyone with similar problem, i have good BR, for about 850$ ready in cashier (down from about 980$).
      Is there an easy way how to do it? I am able to play almost every type of poker - every1 will tell me: "Play the type you like the most" but there is not really one, because I feel I got scked out everywhere :-) I can say there is about 10$ - 15$ is lost due to tilt, but the rest is variance.
      I'll be happy if some1 will help me and try to solve my issue :-)

PS: Sorry for my english ;)
  • 10 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i would say just play nl10 (bss fr) on as many tables as u can for as long as you can and i dont think it should be too hard to clear
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Dobry den !

I don't think you should play a lot of Nl10 tables because they don't generate much rake on pokerstars.

If you really can play any style of poker, give a try at Pot limit omaha and you'll clear your bonus really fast.
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      You can try contacting the support at pokerstars to divide the reload bonus. I assume you deposited at once and only got 60 days or something like that (i dont remember correctly) to clear it. If you have deposited in increments like 3 times 200$ you would have gotten 60 days for each of the increments to clear.
      If that doesn't work i suggest playing sng because you generate a lot more rake that way then cash games especially if you can multitable. If you are not familiar with sng's play the don's(double or nothing sng's). They are like playing SSS in a sng format and are very easy to multitable because you always have more then 5 people at the table. You will probably get some stellar rewards along the way so it's worth it imo.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      play sss on nl 100 4 tables, 5 hours a day, and ull make it in about 2 weeks max...i made 7k fpps playing like that for 11 days...and be tight! :)
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Ohh thank you for your advices, I'll try to react somehow:

SnGs: Pretty the best option for me, based on ICM practice (at the turbos imo)
      DoNs: It's a lot about paying attention and it's hard for me when I have 10+ tables
      PLO: Have some experience with, but it's very tough to play concetrated - and play only with nuts, prob 2nd nuts ... (I'll need a tracker here...)
      HigherLimits SSS: I got little problem - I don't how to say -> Higher limits scares me a bit and this same for higher SnGs too (yes, 3$ seems to be too high for me sometimes as I was always used to play only the 1$ - so the loss/profit was not so high :-) )

Still some advices are appreciated :-)
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Play the game ur best at and wanna improve, become winning player and let the bonus come naturally
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      i would say just play nl10 (bss fr) on as many tables as u can for as long as you can and i dont think it should be too hard to clear
      Thanks for your advice, I tried it and really works. 12-16tables NL10 multitabling and I am close to my aim - 380VPPs left to clear until 9/04/2010. I hope I'll be able to do it ;) I'll post here soon ;)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Thanks for your advice, I tried it and really works. 12-16tables NL10 multitabling and I am close to my aim - 380VPPs left to clear until 9/04/2010. I hope I'll be able to do it ;) I'll post here soon ;)
      I have a friend who got an extension to his bonus because he wasn't going to finish it in time. Although this may not always be the case you should email the PokerStars support and see if it's possible.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

FL= high rake= lots of points:)
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      I have finished clearing it on weekend - got nice boost ;) Get +30$ more on Stellar rewards, so it was definitely ++ ;) Thanks a lot for your advices, GL