This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS valuebets river on dangerous boards

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5,29
      CO:
      $5,34
      MP3:
      $26,37
      Hero:
      $4,50

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: , Q:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,00) Q:diamond: , K:club: , J:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1,00) 9:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1, 2 folds, CO calls $1,00.

River: ($3,00) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $3,00

I afraid something:D Actually it´s quite clear value bet, because I have one queen and itś very unlikely, that CO called with QK, QJ, Q9 and also KK, JJ and 99 doesn´t seem likely (whell maybe 99). So how much should I value bet and after his re-raise is it easy all-in?

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $29,86
      Hero:
      $5,35
      MP3:
      $7,94

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:diamond: , 4:spade:
      5 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,85) 6:heart: , 7:club: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0,44, Hero calls $0,44, MP3 calls $0,44.

Turn: ($2,17) 4:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: ($2,17) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP3 raises to $7,25 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $10,42

I didn´t notice three diamonds, but if there wasn´flush probabilities, should I still call his all-in bet. There is still a chanse, that we split with 5 (although he could also have 9T)
  • 6 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz, I often look at your posts and think that maybe you miss some value on your better hands. When you have a strong hand with a short-stack I feel that it is often correct to not to be too afraid but to push hard.
      Reverse implied odds don't haunt short-stackers too much at all. Of course RIO do not enter into river decisions .

1)PF: I fold here since OOP versus 3 opponents QT isn't too good IMO. I play tight (possibly too tight) out of the SB. Maybe this is a leak of my own.

Flop:Betting into this board with a reasonable sized bet can often lead to you being raised off your hand. I think checking is OK here. OOP draws/weak made hands are best played slow against 3 opponents IMO.

Turn: Fine as I would be looking to get my stack in.

River:If I felt that CO was a bad player then I would open push otherwise I'd bet $2.50 and call any raise. Villain could call with plenty of two-pair hands or Q-x or call with less to keep you honest. FH's are less likely but even if I lost the hand or folded CO out I'd still be confident that I made the right play.

2)I feel that your hand is under-represented here meaning that villain could be thinking that you are trying a cheap steal . I'd call this (but I am a calling station). There was also only one :diamond: on the flop which lessens the chance that villain has a flush here. I doubt that you miss too much by folding though if MP3 is decent.

BTW, how do you feel that playing SSS at NL25 is compared to NL10? At NL25 I see loads of Short-stacks, not too many loose players and big waiting lists.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      After telling you that this is a FOLD Preflop I could be done with that hand, but I will evaluate the rest of your hand as well, since I´m a nice guy. :D

On the river you can Valuebet here easily, only AT or QJ should beat you here (all other hands should have been raised preflop), so bet around $1.25 to give him a chance to call his King or so.
      And a re-raise would be an All-In for me as well.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for commets.

QT, QJ, KJ, KT, AT should be good enough to complete pre-flop. If I don´t overplay them (That means pushing all-in with top pair, then I have very good chance to win the pot. I just have way too good pot odds and I think that I loose value if I don´t enter the pot.

Ofcourse you should know postflop game and maybe have some kind of read your opponents but NL 25 is place where I try to become better postflop player.

@Nunki
      NL 10 seemed easy:D , players were looser. NL 25 there are a lot SSS players, some play according to the chart, some steals and some re-steals (not to quality hands though:) - for them it is easy all-in Ax or sometimes just any two, because they have seen me stealing before. So to me then it is sometimes easy call 99+, AJ+ I think that already NL 25 it is very important to know your opponents and play accordingly: if tight player (who isn´t SSS) raises UTG and there isn´t callers, then to me it is fold AK, JJ, TT- because I consider his hand range JJ+, AK and I´m behind. But if loose SSS players raise from BU to get my and other SSS players chips, then it is all-in with AJ+, 99+

And the waiting lists: I play mostly at ten tables, so I sometimes open -12 tables, where I´am on the waiting list. Then I could easily play 8-9 tables and be on the waiting list on 4. Waiting lists consists mostly others SSS players, who can´t bother waiting any more, than 5 minutes, so even if there are 5-6 players on the list, after 10 minutes you should get into game, if someone decides to go out. PokerStars is good rule, you can´t re-enter table less money, that you left half an hour ago. That´s very good (not so good SSS players:) ) for big stacks and also because there isn´t big waiting lists. Hopefully Partypoker also makes some kind of rule someday, now it is just too weird to go back the same table on 3-rd time and take the other players again their money away :rolleyes:
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Thanks for commets.

QT, QJ, KJ, KT, AT should be good enough to complete pre-flop. If I don´t overplay them (That means pushing all-in with top pair, then I have very good chance to win the pot. I just have way too good pot odds and I think that I loose value if I don´t enter the pot.
      I disagree, especially on these limits you play. I bet if I would private coach you and watch your game, I would find enough other leaks you should fix first before starting limping in with that hands in late position. ;)
      Right now I would advise you not to limp in with these hands.
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      He just completed from the sb after two players limped, aren't the odds here just too good?
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Not if you ask me. He only has a strong hand if he hits here, is Two Pair, Trips or a Straight, because even a Ten or a Queens often doesn´t gives him a strong enough hand to lead out of position against 3 opponents here.

Often enough he will miss anything or his hand is to weak to lead (and often he has to fold after a bet and a call on the flop) to complete here. Don´t forget you are a Small Stack and not a Big Stack.

But in the end it´s your own decision how you like to play. My advise is not to play that marginal hands on that limits. When you start playing SSS on NL $200 and up, you might be ready to play hands like that (but even then I would only play hands like QT from the SB if they are suited).