[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS contibets on low board

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,05
      SB:
      $36,01

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 6 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 5:spade: , T:club: , 6:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,25) A:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,25, Hero raises to $3,05 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $6,55

I didn´t like that board. SO I decided to take free card. Luckily I hit my ace and it was easy all-in (if SB had any club, he should called me, so maybe he had also AK or low pocket pair and tried to find out where he was).

And yes I know that I should raise from UTG AQ, but they were suited and table was tight, so I thought, that mostly I should win blinds and don´t get any action.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,92
      BU:
      $5,08

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 9:heart: , 4:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

Turn: ($2,85) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3,85

I don´t like KQ. Against Ax I´m hopelessly behind, so only chance buying the pot would be contibet, but there wasn´t any high cards, which could be nice, if BU would called me Ax and he didn´t pair. Nevertheless I decided to check/call min bet for pot odds and check/fold turn, because I have some outs but I really don´t know where I am and I don´t like to against the set.
  • 1 reply
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      If the table was very tight I also like to raise from UTG+2 or UTG+1 with AQs, but only if I mastered the postflop play as well. So ok we can deal with that Preflopraise here.
      But on the flop you should contibet. Like played if was a good Push on the Turn.

Hand 2.)
      Such a small donkminbet often is a Flushdraw or a Set, so to call here is fine and you could went all-In (after Villain donked the Turn again) if the Queen of heart would be shown on the turn, because you have more outs if you´re behind a set. Otherwise you´re done with your hand.

You could also consider to c-bet here against that minbet, if there is any action from him, you´re done with that hand.