This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS contibets on low board

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,05
      SB:
      $36,01

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 6 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 5:spade: , T:club: , 6:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,25) A:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,25, Hero raises to $3,05 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $6,55

I didn´t like that board. SO I decided to take free card. Luckily I hit my ace and it was easy all-in (if SB had any club, he should called me, so maybe he had also AK or low pocket pair and tried to find out where he was).

And yes I know that I should raise from UTG AQ, but they were suited and table was tight, so I thought, that mostly I should win blinds and don´t get any action.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,92
      BU:
      $5,08

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 9:heart: , 4:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

Turn: ($2,85) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3,85

I don´t like KQ. Against Ax I´m hopelessly behind, so only chance buying the pot would be contibet, but there wasn´t any high cards, which could be nice, if BU would called me Ax and he didn´t pair. Nevertheless I decided to check/call min bet for pot odds and check/fold turn, because I have some outs but I really don´t know where I am and I don´t like to against the set.
  • 1 reply
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      If the table was very tight I also like to raise from UTG+2 or UTG+1 with AQs, but only if I mastered the postflop play as well. So ok we can deal with that Preflopraise here.
      But on the flop you should contibet. Like played if was a good Push on the Turn.

Hand 2.)
      Such a small donkminbet often is a Flushdraw or a Set, so to call here is fine and you could went all-In (after Villain donked the Turn again) if the Queen of heart would be shown on the turn, because you have more outs if you´re behind a set. Otherwise you´re done with your hand.

You could also consider to c-bet here against that minbet, if there is any action from him, you´re done with that hand.