Good night turned sour.

• daytripper84
      daytripper84
      Bronze
      Ah, poker, a hate/love relationship.

IT BEGINS:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, T
      Hero raises to $0.08, CO raises to $0.14, BU folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.44) 7, J, T (3 players)
      SB bets $0.42 (All-In), Hero calls $0.42, CO raises to $0.84, Hero raises to $3.68 (All-In), CO calls $1.66 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($5.86) 5
      River: ($5.86) 3 (1 players)

Final Pot: $5.86

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Tc Th)
      CO shows three of a kind, jacks (Jc Jh)
      SB shows a pair of nines (9h 9c)

CO wins with three of a kind, jacks (Jc Jh)

Ok. Not that big of a deal, things like this happen. But then!!

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 6
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.09) T, 8, 9 (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.09, Hero raises to $0.27, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.16 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.26.

Turn: ($4.41) A
      River: ($4.41) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.41

Hero shows a straight, ten high (7c 6s)
      MP3 shows a straight, queen high (Js Qd)

MP3 wins with a straight, queen high (Js Qd)

F U MP3! Kinda steaming here. But its alright, I'll make it back with my 1337 skillz. whats this? your showing aggression against me!? FU:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with As, 9s
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 4h, 3s, 6s (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, MP3 raises to $0.36, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.31 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.95.

Turn: ($4.87) Jc
      River: ($4.87) 8d (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.87

Hero shows high card ace with jack kicker (As 9s)
      MP3 shows a pair of kings (Ks Kd)

MP3 wins with a pair of kings (Ks Kd)

OK maaybe that wasn't such a good idea. Panic mode now. Just down 3+ buy ins after doing so well! Next hand I have to win. Along comes a fun hand. Hmm. flush draw. top pair. WHAT YOUR SHOWING AGGRESSION AS WELL!?

Preflop: Hero is BB with Qh, Jh
      MP2 raises to $0.07, 3 folds, SB calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.21) 6h, Th, Qd (3 players)
      SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.24, MP2 raises to $0.99, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.05 (All-In), MP2 calls $1.06.

Turn: ($4.37) 7d
      River: ($4.37) 9s (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.37

Hero shows a pair of queens (Qh Jh)
      MP2 shows a pair of aces (Ah As)

MP2 wins with a pair of aces (Ah As)

OK my heart is racing, with the feeling as if a car ran over me, during which I just finished donating 3x the legal amount of my own blood. Not in a good mood anymore. Eventually, I pick up a nice hand. Even better, I'm up against a loose, over aggressive player. great! Poker Gods: "NOT SO FAST DOUCHEBAG!!"

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ac, Kc
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 raises to $0.10, CO folds, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.30 (All-In), 2 folds, BU calls $1.70 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($4.13) 5, 4, J
      Turn: ($4.13) 9
      River: ($4.13) T (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.13

Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ac Kc)
      BU shows a pair of sevens (7h 7c)

BU wins with a pair of sevens (7h 7c).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Y7WxJMGbDAg/SXn_J5SjaxI/AAAAAAAAAWM/rdyJT2oEI3o/s400/ffffuuu.jpg
  • 9 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Your play is so bad in all of these.

1) You get a 100bb+ stack all in with A high and a draw when the people you play are so retarded they will never fold thus you dont really have fold equity.

2) You get a 100bb+ stack all-in with top pair marginal kicker...Why why why???

3) You get a 100bb+ stack all in pre flop with AK...Again why why why???

I dont mean to be rude...I'm trying to help you....Please do some more studying, your play in all 3 is awefull IMO.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by daytripper84

F U MP3! your showing aggression against me!? FU:

Next hand I have to win.

Not in a good mood anymore.

Your mindset needs alot of work aswell.
    • daytripper84
      daytripper84
      Bronze
      1) Because I was like GOGO flush/ top pair lol, still was almost a coin flip anyway. (your right, after analyzing it, it was a bad play

2) flush draw, top pair, with the top pair actually being good in a lot of the cases. (higher limits I wouldn't dare try this unless the guy was fishy)

3) As I mentioned, the guy I was up against was very loose agressive, I remember watching him go in with A8 against another guy, winning it with trip 8s.

Now I have done studying, and agreed play #1 mentioned is improper, play #2 in 0.01/0.02 is probably the only limit where this is a possible +EV (trust me i've been up against SOO many calling stations who called middle pair).

but #3 was a definite move. wanted to push my stack all in preflop against the guy I was playing undoubtedly.

edit: and regarding my mindset, It was my feeble attempt at making light of the situation.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by daytripper84
      1) Because I was like GOGO flush/ top pair lol, still was almost a coin flip anyway. (your right, after analyzing it, it was a bad play.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with As, 9s
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 4h, 3s, 6s (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, MP3 raises to $0.36, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.31 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.95.

Turn: ($4.87) Jc
      River: ($4.87) 8d (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.87

Hero shows high card ace with jack kicker (As 9s)
      MP3 shows a pair of kings (Ks Kd)

MP3 wins with a pair of kings (Ks Kd
      ^^^No top pair just a draw^^^
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by daytripper84
      but #3 was a definite move. wanted to push my stack all in preflop against the guy I was playing undoubtedly.[quote]

At best here with the AK though your probs 60-40. Although its an edge by shiping in a 100bb stack your just increasing your varriance. Standard raise, call or re-raise, call. Then if you miss...whell your'll lose alot less, when you hit? Well then yeah you wont always win 10bb+ But because you've lost less the times you dont hit you actually win more $$$ playing the hand this way.

Nice to see you've started some study though. Kepp it up =)
    • daytripper84
      daytripper84
      Bronze
      When I meant top pair, i meant outs for top pair, sorry. Regarding the AK thing, I use pokerstrategy elephant to figure that shipping it preflop would be a lot more profitable than actually continuing post flop, as villains fold to cbet flop/turn was very high, as he would only continue with a decent hand.

Note that I do not play the same against him as I would other opponents, IE if it were a TAG I would be much more inclined to just call.

So considering the limit this is, peoples hand ranges, and actually looking at it with equilator, my hands were all +EV, albeit variance rich, as you said. And by the way, I have done a lot of studying :) my average BB/100 at these tables is very solid.

But sometimes you just wanna go with your 53/47 coin flips :P
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Total amount of time ahead in all hands from pre flop to river = 0

Amount of bad beats = 0

Amount of legitimate whining OP is entitled to = 0

No bad beats, unlucky to get set of 10's, but poor play otherwise, less whining, more study and post the hands on evaluation forum
    • riv3rd4ncer
      riv3rd4ncer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Your play is so bad in all of these.

1) You get a 100bb+ stack all in with A high and a draw when the people you play are so retarded they will never fold thus you dont really have fold equity.

2) You get a 100bb+ stack all-in with top pair marginal kicker...Why why why???

3) You get a 100bb+ stack all in pre flop with AK...Again why why why???

I dont mean to be rude...I'm trying to help you....Please do some more studying, your play in all 3 is awefull IMO.

1) i wouldn't say you've got no fold equity there. depends on opponent, but at these limits, i wouldn't mind getting it in on the flop with a shove.
      2) because he also has a flush draw? again, at these limits, easy shove (or even ai call) imo
      3) AKs vs loose aggressive... you're so much ahead of his range. if you can get it in pf, why not?

the only problem with these plays is that they are indeed variance rich, like op found out the hard way, and if that turns your night sour, maybe you're better off avoiding them.

maybe not optimal, but imo def not awful plays...
    • daytripper84
      daytripper84
      Bronze
      yeah, I wasn't actually too worked up about this night, I was willing to go for a few coin flips anyway. The original post was intended to be more humorous than QQ, but i guess that obviously failed.

But on a side note, ever since this happened, 3 days afterwords I went on a massive 22 buy in upswing. Running into a lot of fish, plus playing really well IMO helps a lot; thus making me a little over 9BB/100 in about 23k hands for the month. So alls well ends well :)