The best way to turn FT points into $?

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hey guys..

Anyone know about the best way to get some $ out of the FT points?

I mean is it worth to buy something in their shop? Or is it better to grind satelites ?

Also, can you change tokens for $ or you have to use them to play?
      If you win a seat in a tourney, can you get $ out of your ticket, or do you have to play the tourney?

Thanks for any reply =)
  • 29 replies
    • robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Hi,

Would also be interested in the answer to your first question. My thoughts are to buy into tournies as you say.

With any satellite seats you can convert tournament $ into actual cash, click the Cashier button and you should see how many Tournament Dollars you have, then click "Convert T$". Think you lose 5% in conversion.

Hope this helps, will watch this thread for any useful info!
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      I am interested in this thread also deffo interested in the most profitable way to use FTP. Personally I wasn't going to touch them and get fullrakeback of 27% and probs buy a tele in a couple of months. But yer would like to hear what pros do with them.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hmm.. You get less rakeback when you use your FT points, right?..

Does it count only for the current week? I mean if i use all my points in one week, it will affect only that current weeks rakeback, or can it affect also next week rakeback if i use loot of FT points?
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Hmm.. You get less rakeback when you use your FT points, right?..

Does it count only for the current week? I mean if i use all my points in one week, it will affect only that current weeks rakeback, or can it affect also next week rakeback if i use loot of FT points?
      It will affect youir rakeback to whatever the FTP's are worth that you spent. and will be deducted that weeks rakeback and maybe the next until it is paid off. Check the rakeback FAQ for more info in this forum.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      it affects you until you pay off your rakeback debt
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      therefore u should collect them, then use them all in one day and cashout and neverplay again :)
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      therefore u should collect them, then use them all in one day and cashout and neverplay again :)
      Thats what I intend to do if I ever quit fulltilt.
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      If you win satellites and unregister you just get the points the tournament is worth. My advice would be to either:
      - play the satellite to $26/$75- tokens and play 26$/75$-sngs/mtts.
      - find something awesome in the ftp-shop, grind satellites -> unregister from tournament -> get enough points -> buy it!

FYI, the affection on rakeback from spending points DOES reset over time. I played around 300 x 1200FTP satellites and only had like $10 reduced from the first rakeback. After that it was back to 27% again. This was approximitly two months after I played the satelittes.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      yer but whats the margin of profit from buying straight from the ftp and grinding sngs. Because tbh it would be a waste of my time and probably less profitable because I could be using that time to play the games I currently play. And thus getting 27% the profit from them games and more FTP.
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      I made about 300$ at the end of the last month by playing like this ( and i'm still doing that )
      1.grind 1200 point 9 man turbo sng to 200k double deuce.
      2. get 4400 or 2000 points by winning that sng (unregister)
      3. put 1800 points in 9 man turbo sng that pays top 3 places (prize - 26$ token)
      4. put that token in sng where 1st and 2nd place gets 75$ token and the 3rd gets 66$ cash.
      5. If i win cash, that's ok. If i win 75$ token, then again i put it into 75$ turbo sng where top3 gets 216$.
      Placed 4th in one of those tourneys today :( hurts.
      IMO you get much more money if u play like this. Rakeback isn't reduced so much. I played like 50 of those last week and my rakeback was deducted by ~ 15$
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Playing FTP satellites into tournaments WILL reduce your rakeback.
      Playing FTP satellites into Tournament Tokens (26/75$) WILL NOT reduce your rakeback.
      Using those tournament tokens WILL NOT reduce your rakeback.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      Playing FTP satellites into Tournament Tokens (26/75$) WILL NOT reduce your rakeback.
      Then the choice is easy. Thanks a lot! I hope this is really true =) But i guess you wouldnt write it if you wouldnt know =) Ty ;)
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      I tend to play the 1800ftp ones and then using the tokens on the matrix sng's. 4 chances to make money plus the overall ranking.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      IS IT FOR REAL???? PROF?
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I usually just use points to play some of the donkaments, depending on what you can afford to buy into, double duece, 750k gtd, All mini-ftops events are point buyins so 6600 for a 30+3 and 1100 points for a 10+1 , ya you lose rakeback and such but the amounts are pretty small.

BUT

if thats true then the these are the best value because you lose $0 :f_p:
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      so can anyone confirm that ? :D 1800ftp sngs for a 26$token doenst reduce rb?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schris7
      You will get a faster and more accurate answer if you ask on 2+2.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      or u can just read Sticky thread here baout rakeback where it is written
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      or u can just read Sticky thread here baout rakeback where it is written
      Nice catch! :f_grin:

Here's the relevant line:
      Purchasing $26 & $75 Tournament Tokens using IronMan Medals or Academy Credits do not affect rakeback unless the tournament entered fails to achieve the guaranteed prize pool (Added Value step in calculation)