This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2010 Grind. Oh whats in store for me this year,

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

2009 has passed and even though I didn't hit my goal of 100% ROI I'll take the 45% for now. It was prob a bit more than 45% because 3 Sunday mill's I played were through steps and step wins don't go into the mtt db.

here is my to date graph life time

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=1&dt=0&gt=1&w=240&h=180[/img]

I figured I should start a 2010 blog to kind of keep me on track and not be a donkey and blow my roll on 100$ HU sngs. :)

After repeated cash outs due to life expenses I am committing 1k back to poker.

My goals,

1) Tilt Control: I really have to change my attitude when variance is kicking my ass. Those of you who know me prob have seen me spazz out a few times. :)

2) Study Study Study: I have not really studied the game like I should. With school and other stuff going on since I started playing I have not been the greatest poker student. Now I am out of school and can concentrate. Wish I had gold status now. :/

3) Satellites: win a few WSOP ME tickets

Last year I was unable to grind my favorite WSOP satellites due to finances and life (school) etc... in 2008 I made 4 final tables for a WSOP ticket but AA failed or I lost a flip etc....

This year is going to be an interesting one. I am not going to cash out all my sunday mill tickets but actually play the mill for every 3 tickets I win. I will concentrate on the mill before and after the WSOP sat's.

Also I may purchase PT3 and learn how to utilize it.

I'll post charts and hands periodically throughout 2010.

see ya at the tables!
  • 8 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Yayyyyy your back :)

I'll be watching this space for sure.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Hey Kyle,

Yeah I'll start my official grind in a week or two once I can get a deposit in my account.

see ya around

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      hey man congrats i remember seeing you around in irc way back when :D , gl on 2010 i'll keep up with this blog!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I have not started my official satellite grind because i am waiting to get my new laptop I ordered from Dell.

Dell Studio XPS 16: i5 540, 4GB 1333, 1GB ATI vid, 1080 p & 24" wide screen HDTV 1080p & DIR 655 N router. I am also getting a faster internet connection so no more bs disconnects.

I have played 10~ MTTs over the last week with no major cashes but played and won a few 20-60$ HU sngs to keep my BR in check.

edit: I came 25th/2400 for 166$ in the 10$R 60k @ Stars :/ I had my eye on the 12k 1st prize. went card dead!

I'll start with 500$ when everything gets rolling "60$ HU Sngs is bad BRM" :D

Here is some Old Crow Medicine Show for yah...

:D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ok,

So I have played a bit with not much luck. Typical stuff my AA fails vs QQ to lose 700$ ticket I bubble 3rd for 50$ etc etc etc....

My heads up SnGs are up and down here is my graph from the last 90 days, but last 20 days is when I have been playing.

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=4&dt=3&gt=2&w=240&h=180[/img]

* the big drop is when I entered a 60$ HU SnG and my internet crashed for an hour. I also had floped 555 in a 33$ Mtt when it when down....

My Mtts are not doing so well.

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=1&dt=3&gt=2&w=240&h=180[/img]

What sucked is I won a Sunday Million ticket which would have boosted my bankroll but the fn late reg had not finished and I was put into the mill I had plans and I could not play it properly :( . I ended up coming 5000/9000. I am 2/4 ITM in the Mill now.

So I should have 215$ more in my account. Oh well....

For SnG I got back into the plus shipping a 2$ 180 man. I was just showing a friend the tourney because I thought he would like it and I won. LOL

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=2&dt=3&gt=2&w=240&h=180[/img]

So I ended up depositing 350$ ish. Because of the couple unfortunate events I mentioned above I have spent that but no biggy. I'll deposit another 100$ this weekend and grind some 2-6$ HU SnGs.

Here's a good tune

Statistician's Blues by Todd Snider

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      ooo, unlucky bout the sunday mil ticket.
      Just win another one ;)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      *update - just bumpin this so i don't lose track of it.

It's official 2010 is a bad poker year for me.

I have been busy working on other stuff to really concentrate on poker. I have been more of a casual player playing a few hours a week and railing the odd mtt or visit a grummeler or chenny coaching etc. I have played 60-80 serious mtts the rest were just donking around in 0.10$-1$ mtts for fun.

I have come close to some good wins but cards failed in the end.

The last couple of weeks I have mainly played in the tournament of champions. I was only able to play in 5-6 freerolls and 2 cash qualifiers.

I cashed in a couple toc freerolls and came 6th in the 11$ and 4th in the 55$. Not too bad but I was looking for a win ofc.

Later this month I am going to deposit 200$ @ Stars and see what I can turn it into. I'll start posting again so I keep my brm and game on track.

Here is another Old Crow tune

:D

• wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Nice to see you blogging sir, gl from one Canadian to another :s_biggrin: