2010 Grind. Oh whats in store for me this year,

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

2009 has passed and even though I didn't hit my goal of 100% ROI I'll take the 45% for now. It was prob a bit more than 45% because 3 Sunday mill's I played were through steps and step wins don't go into the mtt db.

here is my to date graph life time

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=1&dt=0&gt=1&w=240&h=180[/img]

I figured I should start a 2010 blog to kind of keep me on track and not be a donkey and blow my roll on 100$ HU sngs. :)

After repeated cash outs due to life expenses I am committing 1k back to poker.

My goals,

1) Tilt Control: I really have to change my attitude when variance is kicking my ass. Those of you who know me prob have seen me spazz out a few times. :)

2) Study Study Study: I have not really studied the game like I should. With school and other stuff going on since I started playing I have not been the greatest poker student. Now I am out of school and can concentrate. Wish I had gold status now. :/

3) Satellites: win a few WSOP ME tickets

Last year I was unable to grind my favorite WSOP satellites due to finances and life (school) etc... in 2008 I made 4 final tables for a WSOP ticket but AA failed or I lost a flip etc....

This year is going to be an interesting one. I am not going to cash out all my sunday mill tickets but actually play the mill for every 3 tickets I win. I will concentrate on the mill before and after the WSOP sat's.

Also I may purchase PT3 and learn how to utilize it.

I'll post charts and hands periodically throughout 2010.

see ya at the tables!
  • 8 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Yayyyyy your back :)

I'll be watching this space for sure.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Hey Kyle,

Yeah I'll start my official grind in a week or two once I can get a deposit in my account.

see ya around

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      hey man congrats i remember seeing you around in irc way back when :D , gl on 2010 i'll keep up with this blog!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I have not started my official satellite grind because i am waiting to get my new laptop I ordered from Dell.

Dell Studio XPS 16: i5 540, 4GB 1333, 1GB ATI vid, 1080 p & 24" wide screen HDTV 1080p & DIR 655 N router. I am also getting a faster internet connection so no more bs disconnects.

I have played 10~ MTTs over the last week with no major cashes but played and won a few 20-60$ HU sngs to keep my BR in check.

edit: I came 25th/2400 for 166$ in the 10$R 60k @ Stars :/ I had my eye on the 12k 1st prize. went card dead!

I'll start with 500$ when everything gets rolling "60$ HU Sngs is bad BRM" :D

Here is some Old Crow Medicine Show for yah...

:D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ok,

So I have played a bit with not much luck. Typical stuff my AA fails vs QQ to lose 700$ ticket I bubble 3rd for 50$ etc etc etc....

My heads up SnGs are up and down here is my graph from the last 90 days, but last 20 days is when I have been playing.

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=4&dt=3&gt=2&w=240&h=180[/img]

* the big drop is when I entered a 60$ HU SnG and my internet crashed for an hour. I also had floped 555 in a 33$ Mtt when it when down....

My Mtts are not doing so well.

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=1&dt=3&gt=2&w=240&h=180[/img]

What sucked is I won a Sunday Million ticket which would have boosted my bankroll but the fn late reg had not finished and I was put into the mill I had plans and I could not play it properly :( . I ended up coming 5000/9000. I am 2/4 ITM in the Mill now.

So I should have 215$ more in my account. Oh well....

For SnG I got back into the plus shipping a 2$ 180 man. I was just showing a friend the tourney because I thought he would like it and I won. LOL

[img]http://www.pokerprolabs.com/Personalization/AsyncGraphController.ashx?id=3367880&pnid=1&tt=2&dt=3&gt=2&w=240&h=180[/img]

So I ended up depositing 350$ ish. Because of the couple unfortunate events I mentioned above I have spent that but no biggy. I'll deposit another 100$ this weekend and grind some 2-6$ HU SnGs.

Here's a good tune

Statistician's Blues by Todd Snider

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      ooo, unlucky bout the sunday mil ticket.
      Just win another one ;)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      *update - just bumpin this so i don't lose track of it.

It's official 2010 is a bad poker year for me.

I have been busy working on other stuff to really concentrate on poker. I have been more of a casual player playing a few hours a week and railing the odd mtt or visit a grummeler or chenny coaching etc. I have played 60-80 serious mtts the rest were just donking around in 0.10$-1$ mtts for fun.

I have come close to some good wins but cards failed in the end.

The last couple of weeks I have mainly played in the tournament of champions. I was only able to play in 5-6 freerolls and 2 cash qualifiers.

I cashed in a couple toc freerolls and came 6th in the 11$ and 4th in the 55$. Not too bad but I was looking for a win ofc.

Later this month I am going to deposit 200$ @ Stars and see what I can turn it into. I'll start posting again so I keep my brm and game on track.

Here is another Old Crow tune

:D

• wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Nice to see you blogging sir, gl from one Canadian to another :s_biggrin: