This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My Video

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've made a video of me playing NL10 @ Partypoker and I would like to get some feedback about it if you guys have the time to watch it. The file is about 63Mb, the quality is good I think and it's 30min of me playing poker. This is not a teaching video I just made it to see if you guys can find some leaks in my play.

I also have a question: someone knows if there's a big difference between NL10 and NL25 on Partypoker because I almost have the BR for it after 2 months of NL 5 and 2 months of NL10.

Tnx in advance

Videolink:Partypoker NL10
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nice video (although I had to open it VLC player to see picture and winamp to hear sound:D )

1) You played 99 smart. You weren´t preflop raiser and although you had overpair, folding is right, because BB bet pot and pre-flop raiser autocall.

2) I´am not sure, that QJ is good re-raising hand. You´ve got courage. Re-raise him AK9 board- mostly NL 10 players go all-in with Ax and then you had invested half your pot.

3) Against big stacks don´t steal garbage hands (like 72s, or Q4). You have to fold after their re-raise and you can´t be sure, that they fold on the flop. The other point is raising against SSS players. NL 10 SSS players usually don´t re-raise all-in, so you could steal their blind basically 100% You didn´t use some good opportunities, when you folded BU or SB against SS player(s).

4) That 33 hand was also interesting. You called pre-flop with 33 and flopped full house 773 board. Then decided just call flop, turn and then push all-in in the river. I think that you maybe should push turn or make at least re-raise because there were two :spade: and two :club: out and he could put you on the flush draw. But if players are calling stations and can´t fold their overpair, then you might push on the river (good players check/call half pot or bet/fold river:) )
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I wouldnt contibet with air OOP vs 2 opponents , on the AQo hand on drawy flop of low cards.

On the 99 hand i would reraise the flop/fold to further action , there was only a minraise , the BB prolly called preflop because of the good pot odds , and you are in position. Why would you already be behind?

I would fold on the QJ hand in steal/resteal situation , after he HPSB the flop , dont wanna be tricky there and invest totally half a stack in a bluff.

Concerning raises , there were 2 situations around the same time , where you raised AJs OOP from the blinds with 2 UTG limpers , and folded A9o from button with 2 limpers. I think i would have limped AJ and raised A9.

I would also have ticked the auto hide hand option ;)
      And i prefer a bit not as tight style, where you also limp some suited connectors etc , or you become too predictable by only limping small pockets.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Tnx for the feedback guys, something more to say:

The QJ I only played because I was pretty sure he didn't had a strong hand which he was willing to play on, I know for sure that QJ isn't a real good hand (not good at all actually) but it was just the situation that made me play it, if it had been T8s I probably would have played it the same way. Another thing to say is that I only make this kind of plays if I'm feeling really confident about my opponent reading which proved to be correct (up to 3 times in this video :) ).

About the 99 hand (I also was right about his holding (JJ)),I agree with you guys that I should have played it more aggresively, I was not sure about it when I played it and that's why I asked for feedback on that hand, tnx for it.

@Undercover: 1)I do limp in with suited connectors but only in late position in unraised pots with at least 2 callers. Like pokerstrategy suggest it. You think there are other spots to limp in with those? Also in raised pots?
      2) I always contbet flops (nearly 95% I think) also OOP because I can pick up pots so easily on this limit. But I can see you point here, I will have to reevaluate this when I'm moving up I think. (Maybe I should reevaluate it right now, but I can't find a option to check the EV of my continuationbetting in PokerTracker)
      3) AJs OOP you are right about it was a mistake by me I didn't noticed X(
      4) A9o from BU, pokerstrategy doesn't allow me to raise this :) but the main reason I don't raise here is that I'm not confident to play this postflop. I hate to play unsuited aces lower then AJ because I'm only confident with it when I hit 2 pairs which is almost never off course :) And especially when I hit a flop like AAJ, I go broke :(

It's not that I'm defending my way of play it's just a reaction I give why I played it like I did :) And I will take your advice by heart because I know you are a good player (better then me) so I highly appreciate your comments.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      No need to follow my advice , i dont claim that my way of playing these hands is better and my understanding of poker isnt perfect either. Every player has his personal style :O