My Video

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've made a video of me playing NL10 @ Partypoker and I would like to get some feedback about it if you guys have the time to watch it. The file is about 63Mb, the quality is good I think and it's 30min of me playing poker. This is not a teaching video I just made it to see if you guys can find some leaks in my play.

I also have a question: someone knows if there's a big difference between NL10 and NL25 on Partypoker because I almost have the BR for it after 2 months of NL 5 and 2 months of NL10.

Tnx in advance

Videolink:Partypoker NL10
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nice video (although I had to open it VLC player to see picture and winamp to hear sound:D )

1) You played 99 smart. You weren´t preflop raiser and although you had overpair, folding is right, because BB bet pot and pre-flop raiser autocall.

2) I´am not sure, that QJ is good re-raising hand. You´ve got courage. Re-raise him AK9 board- mostly NL 10 players go all-in with Ax and then you had invested half your pot.

3) Against big stacks don´t steal garbage hands (like 72s, or Q4). You have to fold after their re-raise and you can´t be sure, that they fold on the flop. The other point is raising against SSS players. NL 10 SSS players usually don´t re-raise all-in, so you could steal their blind basically 100% You didn´t use some good opportunities, when you folded BU or SB against SS player(s).

4) That 33 hand was also interesting. You called pre-flop with 33 and flopped full house 773 board. Then decided just call flop, turn and then push all-in in the river. I think that you maybe should push turn or make at least re-raise because there were two :spade: and two :club: out and he could put you on the flush draw. But if players are calling stations and can´t fold their overpair, then you might push on the river (good players check/call half pot or bet/fold river:) )
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I wouldnt contibet with air OOP vs 2 opponents , on the AQo hand on drawy flop of low cards.

On the 99 hand i would reraise the flop/fold to further action , there was only a minraise , the BB prolly called preflop because of the good pot odds , and you are in position. Why would you already be behind?

I would fold on the QJ hand in steal/resteal situation , after he HPSB the flop , dont wanna be tricky there and invest totally half a stack in a bluff.

Concerning raises , there were 2 situations around the same time , where you raised AJs OOP from the blinds with 2 UTG limpers , and folded A9o from button with 2 limpers. I think i would have limped AJ and raised A9.

I would also have ticked the auto hide hand option ;)
      And i prefer a bit not as tight style, where you also limp some suited connectors etc , or you become too predictable by only limping small pockets.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Tnx for the feedback guys, something more to say:

The QJ I only played because I was pretty sure he didn't had a strong hand which he was willing to play on, I know for sure that QJ isn't a real good hand (not good at all actually) but it was just the situation that made me play it, if it had been T8s I probably would have played it the same way. Another thing to say is that I only make this kind of plays if I'm feeling really confident about my opponent reading which proved to be correct (up to 3 times in this video :) ).

About the 99 hand (I also was right about his holding (JJ)),I agree with you guys that I should have played it more aggresively, I was not sure about it when I played it and that's why I asked for feedback on that hand, tnx for it.

@Undercover: 1)I do limp in with suited connectors but only in late position in unraised pots with at least 2 callers. Like pokerstrategy suggest it. You think there are other spots to limp in with those? Also in raised pots?
      2) I always contbet flops (nearly 95% I think) also OOP because I can pick up pots so easily on this limit. But I can see you point here, I will have to reevaluate this when I'm moving up I think. (Maybe I should reevaluate it right now, but I can't find a option to check the EV of my continuationbetting in PokerTracker)
      3) AJs OOP you are right about it was a mistake by me I didn't noticed X(
      4) A9o from BU, pokerstrategy doesn't allow me to raise this :) but the main reason I don't raise here is that I'm not confident to play this postflop. I hate to play unsuited aces lower then AJ because I'm only confident with it when I hit 2 pairs which is almost never off course :) And especially when I hit a flop like AAJ, I go broke :(

It's not that I'm defending my way of play it's just a reaction I give why I played it like I did :) And I will take your advice by heart because I know you are a good player (better then me) so I highly appreciate your comments.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      No need to follow my advice , i dont claim that my way of playing these hands is better and my understanding of poker isnt perfect either. Every player has his personal style :O