Stack
      Hero:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $14.10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , T:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      Hero raises to $0.50, CO folds, BU calls $0.50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.25) K:spade: , 7:club: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.85) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($6.85) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BU raises to $9.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $20.35
  • 4 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hihi.

Like flop and turn. Most of his flop calling range is going to be mid pairs that will fold, random floats, flush draws. Basically just betting to win the dead money.

When he calls turn, I think he mainly has stuff like K9s, KT, KJ that's scared of our KQ or AK. Slowplayed 77 is also possible. He might be bluff catching occasionally and fold on the Q, but don't think 3 barrelling is going to show a profit here.
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      but 2 barrels is good? and c/f river and pray he has a small fd and checks too? my thoughts were that he might still have pp in his range on the river.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I'd prefer the 2nd barrell if you were in position, for a free showdown vs the flushdraw. But out of positon is also fine since BU doesn't seem hugely aggressive.

Yeah, It's possible that he has stuff like TT, JJ sometimes. But it's going to be a small part of his range, and you don't know if he will even fold after calling the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I would likely give up on turn against this opponents, vs known opponent I might consider 2nd barreling if I have some kind of read that he is capable of folding there. Otherwise I don't see any point of 3barreling there, often waste of money, he seems to go to showdown also not that often and mostly has a hand there.

Best regards,
      Rensu