In response to "going broke with AQ"

• Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      I've been following the "SSS NL25 going broke with AQ" thread in the SSS Sample Hands forum with great interest and have been wanting desperately to participate in the discussion, but can't since I'm only basic.

One point that hasn't been mentioned that I though was important is that you really can't count your gutshot outs because you are drawing to the idiot end of the straight. If a trey comes down, any 6 has you beat.

Drawing to the bad end of a gutshot with two of the cards in hand (say A2 with a board of 45x) is a bad idea...doing it with only one of the cards in the hole is even worse.

I fully agree with Puschkin that it is a 100% clear fold. Absolutely no fold equity with a little over half the pot size left in your stack after UTG+2's bet.

IMHO,
      Kknight
  • 3 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      You can certainly count them, but as was mentioned very early you have to partially discount all your outs as they're not all good against your opponent's entire range. Because his range is potentially quite wide, we give up on calculating by hand and turn to computerised equity calculators. The uncertainty of which, if any, of our outs are good is one reason why calling hasn't been discussed, as well as the player remaining to act behind us.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kknight!

I lowered the requirements for the SSS forum. Just for you ;) So you can post your answer into the thread and also open new threads to let the other players evaluate your hands. Have fun! :D

Here is the link: http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/wbb_en/board.php?boardid=1436

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Yay!!! Thank you very much Puschkin...greatly appreciated. I promise you won't regret it...with everything you and this community have done for me (despite my basic US player status) I fully intend to "pay you back" so to say. I'm hoping to move to Full Tilt very soon now since we can get PS points there.

Thanks again,
      Kknight