[NL2-NL10] NL25 SSS: min raises

• henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      1)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $17,89
      Hero:
      $5,50
      UTG+2:
      $31,62

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0,50, 5 folds, SB calls $0,40, Hero folds.

Flop: ($1,25) 9:spade: , Q:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, UTG+2 bets $0,75, SB folds.

Final Pot: $2,00

2)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $5
      Hero:
      $5,02
      UTG+1:
      $4,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG+1 raises to $0,50, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $1,50, 7 folds.

Final Pot: $2,35

i know according to the strategy my fold are ok. but isn't this a bit weak??
      i hate those minraises
  • 2 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      I would call here with 5:1 Pot Odds and see if I hit my Q (you might be dominated by AK here) to play on the Flop check/raise All-In to maximize your fold Equity.
      But your fold is ok to.

Hand 2.)
      Your fold was the right thing to do, both opponents are shortstacks and their is a chance that UTG here is minraising to get a Raise and go All-In then. And MP1 is also Raising and you don´t know if he is Raising like he is pretend that UTG is a limper (minraise = limper) or as a re-raise. In second case you are nearly every time way behind. If he just normal raises You have are still often dominated by KK or AA or only have a Coin Flip against TT, JJ, QQ. So good fold in my eyes here. :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Nice hands, sir! :D

Sometimes it sucks to play according to the strategy ;) but it's profitable in the long run. And that's decisive for your poker career - not the single hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81