This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SSS FR NL25 - AQo on Button - 5 Limpers

• Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed)

Hero ($4.65)
      SB ($14)
      BB ($21.10)
      UTG ($7.55)
      UTG+1 ($9.50)
      MP1 ($18.85)
      MP2 ($29.60)
      MP3 ($15.10)
      CO ($3.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A:club: , Q:heart: .
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $4.65[/color], [color:#666666]2 folds[/color], UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $4.40, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($10.65) 9:diamond: , K:club: , 9:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]

Turn: ($10.65) 2:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]

River: ($10.65) Q:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]

Final Pot: $10.65

A standard raise after 5 limpers would've been $2.25, which is close to half my stack. Also, I wanted to maximize fold equity against so many limpers...yes? no?

Thanks,
      Kknight
  • 6 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      In the specific situation you where here (BU) I might would just limp in as well and hope to flop something big (Two Pair or better), because in position you might be able to get a lot of money into the pot.

But in general I like that move, especially if you would be out of position (in case you would just limp), because you often have to act early in the betting rounds.

And with a standard raise here preflop you would not have any fold equity on the flop anymore.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      OK, thanks Berliner...I actually did consider limping, but figured I'd be happy to pick up the pot here with that much dead money in.

I know this is results-oriented, but I'd have had to check/fold this flop if I limped...I ended up winning the pot against 88. :D

Also, I enjoyed the coaching yesterday...thanks for that.

Thanks,
      Kknight

P.S. - Does anyone else tend to have problems with AQo? Of all the hands in the SSS SHC, it is the only one that I have a negative winrate on.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      i think going all in here is the best option , because limping usually means they dont have AA KK QQ and probably AK/JJ. So you either go in the hand as favorite , or flipping a coin vs a pair , which is still profitable because of the dead money.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by undercover82
      i think going all in here is the best option , because limping usually means they dont have AA KK QQ and probably AK/JJ. So you either go in the hand as favorite , or flipping a coin vs a pair , which is still profitable because of the dead money.
      Matches my thoughts at the time perfectly...thanks Undercover. It's always an encouragement/confidence builder to hear from people much more experienced then myself (both you and Berliner) that I played well.

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I find AQo and even AQs very difficult.

Having just typed that, I looked at my PT stats, and find that on Titan I am 1bb/100 on AQs and .2bb/100 on AQo, so maybe they're not that difficult.

I still dislike them, and let them go very easily.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      I find AQo and even AQs very difficult.

Having just typed that, I looked at my PT stats, and find that on Titan I am 1bb/100 on AQs and .2bb/100 on AQo, so maybe they're not that difficult.

I still dislike them, and let them go very easily.
      I agree...and I have to admit that I've pushed AQo too hard a few times which has contributed to the negative status. As of today however, my AQo stats are finally positive! :D

Between NL10 and NL25, I've been dealt AQo 96 times out of 8,943 hands. It has a net profit of $2.20 or $0.02/hand average (but it has a -0.14 BB/hand strangely...probably because it is negative for NL10 and positive for NL25 and I've got more NL10 hands so far.) I've gotten AQs 32 times and it has a net profit of $7.15 or $0.22/hand average (0.78 BB/hand.)

My most profitable hand obviously is AA. It's been dealt to me 35 times, has a 97.14% winrate and a net profit of $59.55 or $1.70/hand average (5.81 BB/hand.)

Thanks,
      Kknight