Starting Capital

• wiredpairofaces
      wiredpairofaces
      Bronze
      Hi,

Folks I am new to pokerstars and need some help. I cleared the quiz and recieved my starting capital also. However, I need help with certain issues on pokerstars.

First how r VPPs different from FPPs on pokerstars or r they one and the same thing.

Secondly, if they r different, then do I need 500 VPPs or 500 FPPs for clearing the starting capital I obtained.

Thirdly, there r many FPP and VPP entry fee tournaments on Pokerstars, can I enter these, before I earn the requisite VPPs or FPPs for clearing the starting capital. in other words, suppose I have earned 50 FPPs and enter a tournament where the entry fee is 20 FPPs. Then I have 30 FPPs left. Now for clearing the starting capital, will this still count as having earned 50 FPPs or will it count as having earned only 30 FPPs.

Thanks for ur reply guys
  • 10 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey wiredpairofaces,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the Community and congratulations on receiving your starting capital. Hope it all goes well for you.

First how r VPPs different from FPPs on pokerstars or r they one and the same thing.

FPPs: Frequent Player Points have value and can be used to enter tournaments, purchase items from the VIP store, or exchange to cash.

VPPs: VPPs are there only to measure your VIP level and can’t be redeemed.

Secondly, if they r different, then do I need 500 VPPs or 500 FPPs for clearing the starting capital I obtained.

As stated above, FPPs and VPPs are different. We require you to clear 500VPPs to keep your free $50 starting capital.

there r many FPP and VPP entry fee tournaments on Pokerstars, can I enter these

These tournaments are specifically FPP buy-ins because remember these two are different and we can only spend FPPs as VPPs are only indicators of how high our status is either for the month or year. And yes, you can enter these :)

Now for clearing the starting capital, will this still count as having earned 50 FPPs or will it count as having earned only 30 FPPs.

If you enter these FPP tournaments/satellites etc etc, these FPPs will not be deducted from your starting capital requirements. But, I recommend you save your FPPs for now as there are many things better than playing these small FPP tournaments.
      Maybe play the 10-20FPP $500-$1000 garenteed tournaments which is full of fish and usually an easy win for a few cents.

Hope I have helped and you understand.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • wiredpairofaces
      wiredpairofaces
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for replying...........it was agreat help. I have a question still remaining though. What is the conversion rate of FPPs into VPPs. In other words how many FPPs make a VPP?

Is it 2 FPPs = 1 VPP or 1 FPP = 1 VPP, or is it something else?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      It depends what VIP level you are at.

All the information on this can be found here:

But for example,
      If you were GOLD status your FPP would be multiplied by 2 or 100% of each VPP point you receive.
      So if you gained 23VPPs, you would receive 46FPPs.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • wiredpairofaces
      wiredpairofaces
      Bronze
      Hi

I have one last question, and I just realised that it is quite possible that I may lose my entire sum of 50$. if do what happens then.
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      This site is actually a joke.

U can only get one starting capital.. pff... Im outta here!
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPaulsen

:D :D :D
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wiredpairofaces
      Hi

I have one last question, and I just realised that it is quite possible that I may lose my entire sum of 50$. if do what happens then.
      Hey wiredpairofaces,

This is correct. You have 3 months/90days to clear the $50. This shouldn't be a difficult task.
      But with the help of the articles/videos and the helpful people in our forums you won't have any trouble clearing this and building a nice bankroll out of it.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPaulsen

If you wish.

But we do give 2nd starting capitals randomly.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • maybeTylerDurden
      maybeTylerDurden
      Bronze
      Hi guys i passed that quiz and i wanted transfer to Pokerstars but they denied that ????? WHY? pls help
    • el8teen
      el8teen
      Bronze
      I passed the quiz last week but i still haven't had my capital.

How long does it usually take