Kojika plays Omaha

• Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Kojika plays Omaha

Hi everyone !
      I decided to start a blog on the English community and I'll try to update it as often as I can.

But first, I've got to make a quick presentation of me and my poker background :

I live in Brussels, I'm 19. Enough of private information :f_biggrin:

About Poker :

My poker life is quite unusual :
      Before pokerstrategy, I didn't really play poker (sometimes play money on PKR or with my brothers). In february, a friend of mine told me about pokerstrategy, 50$ free, ... "AMAZING :s_o: " was my first reaction.
      I quickly (re)learned the basis of the game and started to play DoNs. I reached the 150$ on Titan Poker and moved to Pokerstars and won a little more/faster and had 400$ by the end of May.

I still had a few $ on my titan account and decided to gamble it on omaha. I ran hotter than the Sun, than God, ... In 100 hands, I think I've had a straight flush twice. At that moment, I thought "Waaaaw ! Omaha is soooo easy :s_o: ". I then decided to play omaha on pokerstars, won 10 stacks at Plo 10 (I told you, I was running like no one before) without even know all the rules of that game. Obviously, the next day, I lost it all and felt like an idiot.

Since I hate loosing, I decided to study this game and move to Full Tilt Poker. Great room, rakeback, bonus first deposit, ... I even thought I was a winning player while I was just a big crap enjoying the rakeback. Then I decided to bought Omaha Manager to see my "beautiful" graph and I almost puked :s_cry: I was what people call a "fish".

So I decided to whine, whine and whine and finally, a tilty Plo 100-200 reg decided to coach me for 1-2 hours and my game improved a lot !

Back to pokerstars, I crushed the Plo25, then the Plo50 and I had a nice month in November (+2000$ with bonus/rakeback) :

December/January : Exams so I haven't played that much but when I did play, it was ~break even. At the end of my exams, I began playing Plo100, where I got crushed.

I then decided to book a nice coach :
      The biggest monkey of this community : TwiceT.

He taught me a lot so far but the past 2 days were the worst of my Poker career : -~1000$ leaving me with a bankroll of ~4300$, which is too small to cary on playing Plo100 imo.

Here my january's graph (Only FTP, I also play at pacific poker and I'm ~breakeven this month) :

In this blog, I'll try to post hands, post graphs, ... and obviously crush the limits and pwn the nosebleeds :s_cool:

Short Run Goals :

[x] Becoming diamond by the end of january to party in Brussels with the french community first and then in Munich :s_love:
      [ ] Crushing the Plo50 with 10bb/100 at least (without rakeback/bonus) over 20-30k hands
      [ ] Clear my $300 first deposit bonus on Pacific Poker.
      [ ] (Re)Starting Thaï Boxing

Middle Run Goals :

[ ] Coming back to the Plo 100
      [ ] Crushing the Plo100 with 6bb/100 at least (without rakeback/bonus) over 40k hands

Long Run Goals :

[ ] Pass my exams
      [ ] Reaching the Plo 200
      [ ] Reaching the Plo 400

Other Goals :

[ ] Win a MTT
      [x] Win more than $1k in a day
  • 141 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      have u tried cap plo? some regs at plo100 cap have like a 20bb/100 winrate. have u also tried rush poker plo?
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      No never but I'll consider playing there. I might try the deep stacks/antes tables as well but I'll first stay focus on the "normal" tables before getting tricky :)
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      yeah, u have a blog, i like :f_love:

u got a good coach sir :f_cool: good choice :f_grin:

u know what i told u about brm and plomahahahaha. i think everything below 100 stacks is pretty aggressive. i personally play 200 stacks brm in plo. craaaaaaaaaaaaazy game!!!!

looking forward to our coaching later today.

btw> cool plo50 graph (bow) pure ownage :f_biggrin:
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Sir, I'm happy to see you posting here.

Brag mode [ON] :

My graph had 15k hands Plo 25 and 14k hands Plo 50, which means that I pwned these limits harder than what you thought (20 bb for the Plo 25) :s_cool:

Brag mode [OFF]

I'm looking forward to having our coaching as well ;)
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Yesterday, I thought about what to do, ... and I decided to carry on playing Plo100 at Pacific Poker (since the players there suck so much) and move down to Plo 50 at Full Tilt Poker.

I'll move up when I get 60 BIs and move down when I'm under ~40 BIs.

Btw, I forgot to add a short run goal : Clear my $300 first deposit bonus on Pacific Poker.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      is your br (4300) spred out btwn tilt and pacific?
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Yep, also on moneybookers but that doesn't change much does it ?
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      First session after the creation of this blog, right after having a session review with the monkey TwiceT.

Thoughts about the Plo 50 :

[x] Fishy as hell
      [x] Huge variance

Unfortunately, I've forgotten to mark hands that I found interesting but I'll surely do it with other sessions. But the most important thing is that I've met so many fish/donk/idiots/... I never thought that was possible ! :s_o:

I'm sure I've played against him the whole night :

I've played quite a lot during this session and it was really sick. At first, I got owned twice by top set vs my 2 top pairs :s_cry: Later on, got sucked out a big pot (300 BB) with top set vs a bare K high flush draw, ... I finally won flips and suckdd out on a few shortstacks which is always nice.

Here is the graph :

As you can see, that was swingy but finally, I'm positive :f_biggrin:

Conclusion :

I really think I can crush that limit really hard and will reshoot the Plo 100 sooner than what I thought.
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      Top 2 pair? Really? :tongue:

Nah, best of luck. From the look of that graph you had a bit of an adventure.. lol
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wquinn636
      Top 2 pair? Really? :tongue:
      ?( ?(

But yes, an adventure that I did not find fun.
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Hmmm, I guess I can't play on Full Tilt Poker, I keep being sucked out.. It's such a sick game.

So on FTP, I lost 200$ and on Pacific Poker, I won 300$, everything in Plo50.

Here is a hand that resumes my FTP's session :

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 502635
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $137.15
      Hero (CO): $73.20
      BTN: $24.20
      SB: $27.65
      BB: $50.70

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with J:spade: A:club: 9:heart: A:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN raises to $3, 1 fold, BB calls $2.50, Hero raises to $12.25, BTN calls $9.25, BB calls $9.25

Flop: ($37.00) T:spade: K:heart: 6:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $37, BTN calls $11.95 all in, BB folds

Turn: ($60.90) 7:spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($60.90) 3:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $60.90
      Hero shows J:spade: A:club: 9:heart: A:spade: (a pair of Aces)
      BTN shows 2:diamond: K:club: Q:diamond: 3:club: (two pair, Kings and Threes)
      BTN wins $57.90
      (Rake: $3.00)

It's kind of weird because I feel bad even though I won 2 stacks today...
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      Hi Kojika,
      I just found your blog and thought I am gonna wish you good luck.
      When will you be joining our PLO discussions in the German Omaha Skype channel? We miss you there.

I am still playing roughly 5K hands of Omaha a week, but I got to lazy to continue my blog in the German community. I am always up for a user to user coaching, just send me a message.

BTW, I am thinking that the games at Full Tilt are getting tougher. I moved a few bucks from Full Tilt to Pokerstars and even though I had twice as much money on my FT account to start with, I have the exact same bankroll on both side aft just 3 weeks of playing. I am not talking pocket money here...

OK, that's it for now.
      Talk to you soon.
      Cheers, Sebastian
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Oh my god you !

Please add me on skype : Kojika129, I lost the german Plo group and didn't know how to rejoin it !

I think I won't stay long at Full Tilt Poker indeed... This software hates me :(
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Hi,

sweet that another PLO guy starts a blog, awesome. Best of luck!

Regarding FTP - it's super tough indeed (I am comparing to Party Poker). More thinking players in FTP, so I was thinking of moving to PokerStars where it is said the field is a bit softer.

Regarding last hand - i bet 1 buck that BTN is loose aggro, and just minraising his position, and calling your 4-bet for the implied odds (which he doesnt have because of his stack size) :f_p:

Anyway, good luck and post more hands. I'd love to do a sweat session sometime later - currently can't commit much time because of studies.

Regards.
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze

Ok, so I decided to play 6 tables omaha 6 max, 3 at pacific poker, 3 at Full Tilt and the same story happend to me again... I was winning on both rooms and then got sucked out a big pot (see below) and lost a big coin flip (I had top set, then on the turn vilain hit his straight, went all in and I still had top set + Nfd = 45%). At the end of the day, I was -65$ on full tilt but +200$ on pacific.

Why this picture ? Because I had the same feeling that this poor kid yesterday : I first tought "Weeeee it's so niiiice !" then I saw what was going to happen to me (like him when he sees the end of the slide) and it hurt me at the end :s_cry:

So, again, I won quite a lot (for the Plo 50) but I'm still pissed off.

Here is the hand that made me puke on my keyboard (Yep TwiceT, I love this expression :f_biggrin: ).

The hand might seem a little bit weird but I'll explain it : I raised my hand on the button and got called by the limper and the blinds. You have to know that SB just won an all in preflop with K75Jssss and is either a maniac or on tilt (he was raising many many hands before).
      On the flop, I hit OESD and a backdoor flush draw and decided to take a free card.
      The turn is such a good card because I've got the nut, a redraw and other straights are possible.
      BB bets 2/3 of the pot, which means that he prolly doesn't have the nut and I'm not scared of any river excepted a J-5-8-7. I also wanted to induce either a call from the SB or a raise which was really likely from the maniac.
      He minraises and the SB folds (he has prolly a low straight). I thought he had 9T as well and I could freeroll him then, so I decided to push all in and he called me with that ***** 3rd set and sucked me out :s_mad:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      PL Omaha $0.50(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($70.25)
      BB ($48.75)
      UTG ($32)
      UTG+1 ($183)
      CO ($52.40)
      Hero ($82.50)

Dealt to Hero 2:diamond: Q:heart: 9:heart: T:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $2, BB calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75

FLOP ($9) J:heart: 5:spade: 8:club:

SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

TURN ($9) J:heart: 5:spade: 8:club: 7:diamond:

SB checks, BB bets $6, CO folds, Hero calls $6, SB raises to $16, BB folds, Hero raises to $63, SB raises to $68 (AI), Hero calls $5

RIVER ($151) J:heart: 5:spade: 8:club: 7:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero shows 2:diamond: Q:heart: 9:heart: T:diamond:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 43.2%, Turn 75.0%)

SB shows 7:spade: 2:heart: Q:spade: 7:heart:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 56.8%, Turn 25.0%)

SB wins $148

As I said before, Full Tilt HATES me...

Now, the 29/30/31 january are going to be sick : I need to make ~2000 PS points ($250 rake on pacific poker), I'll play the turbo takedown and the Gold freeroll on pokerstars.

After this, I'll hate poker and play less than this week. The next week will be university, party, thai boxing :f_love:

Originally posted by Jackalof
      Hi,

sweet that another PLO guy starts a blog, awesome. Best of luck!

Regarding FTP - it's super tough indeed (I am comparing to Party Poker). More thinking players in FTP, so I was thinking of moving to PokerStars where it is said the field is a bit softer.

Regarding last hand - i bet 1 buck that BTN is a retard and a monster fish , and just minraising his position, and calling your 4-bet for the implied odds (which he doesnt have because of his stack size) :f_p:

Anyway, good luck and post more hands. I'd love to do a sweat session sometime later - currently can't commit much time because of studies.

Regards.

I don't think FTP is that tough actually.. Maybe a little bit more than the other rooms but it is still super fishy. I think I'll move to Titan Poker in february to enjoy the 50% rakeback :s_cool:

Thanks for your comment ;)

Btw, I fixed your post :f_p:
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Also something else !

I've got more than 5000 FTP points which means that I can get a free month for stoxpoker. Has anyone ever tried it ? Is it good for Plo ?

Thanks ;)
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Google truly free poker training.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kojika
      I don't think FTP is that tough actually.. Maybe a little bit more than the other rooms but it is still super fishy. I think I'll move to Titan Poker in february to enjoy the 50% rakeback :s_cool:
      50% rakeback? how ?(
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      Originally posted by Kojika
      50% rakeback? how ?(
      A friend of mine told me about that : If you make enough rake in a month, you can exchange your titan points against cash. And if you make something like 1000-2000$ rake/month, you get your much more points and then more cash, ...

He told me it was about 50% rakeback and I'd heard that before so I guess it's true (at least, it's more than 27% :s_biggrin: )