$5.37
      Hero:
      $6.21
      MP2:
      $6.17
      MP3:
      $10.87

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , J:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, 2 folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.16) 4:club: , T:spade: , Q:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16, SB folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.64) 2:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.31, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.31.

River: ($1.26) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.20, MP2 calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $5.66
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

First of all: we should be raising this pre-flop! We have a really strong hand and we're miles ahead of our opponents l/c'ing range! So we should choose the aggressive approach and make a raise pre-flop. I'd make it ~$.30.

As played: we should be leading this flop with our OESD. Draws become a lot more powerful if we ally them with fold equity. So that not only we win money from our hand equity (which is rather high with and OESD + overcard), we also win money from our FE. On a limped pot, you should be leading all your strong draws (8+ outs)

Once we check though, we can easily call a bet, since MP3 already called and now we get pretty good pot odds. On the turn, I like calling again because MP2 has shown quite a lot of strength and we can certainly get paid off when we hit!
      And now that we hit the river, I love the c/r! He's gonna bet all of his value hands once again and if he's by any chance bluffing he could bet again also. The only different thing I'd do here is that I'd c/rAI the river, just because I think there's a very good chance that we're gonna get called, because straight draws are harder to spot than flush draws for example. He's never folding 2P or better and I also expect he won't fold a strong Q.
      We're obviously not getting called as often as if we made a normal raise, but the fact that when we do get called, we're gonna get a lot more money compensates for it!

Cheers